I need a new tech blog to follow....

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm still going to follow AndroidCentral, but with 6 editors now leaving Engadget (and lets face it, their mobile and laptop people were the only ones holding me there after the initial 4 left that site), I need to find a new site to follow all things technology.

Sure, AndroidCentral is great for android stuff, but I kinda need more than that (blashpemy! I know :p).

Anyone got suggestions?

(and please no Gizmodo).

Thanks!

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just recently added

BGR

Right after the Engadget thing. Gizmodo (and it's sister sites) changed the website and it drags and lags too much. I don't check them out as much as I used to.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, BGR is even more Apple bias than Engadget was, sadly. Ironically, BGR was started by a former Engadget editor back in the day too.

The search continues lol

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, none just because they all favor apple products and compare everything to the apple. Hate to say it but I used to go to Engadget all the time but looking at a lot of their laptop reviews, it keeps getting compared to apple products. I don't hate apple products but not everything should be compared to apple products.

Cnet is another one I like but I don't like the editors reviews. I like the user reviews.

musthavemuzk

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
i have disliked gizmodo since their changes and i just do not go there like i used to.. which sux as i liked jalopnik....

i am on the hunt for new car and tech sites.
i have found leftlanenews to be fair. the user comments is what i am disliking on there.

what else ya got for tech?

Monty

backbeat

Banned
Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, none just because they all favor apple products and compare everything to the apple. Hate to say it but I used to go to Engadget all the time but looking at a lot of their laptop reviews, it keeps getting compared to apple products. I don't hate apple products but not everything should be compared to apple products.

Disagree. Any tech blog owes it to their readership to frame any product they review within the broad view of choices available to them. Just because PC Laptop reviews don't always favor well against a Macbook (for example), doesn't mean that it sucks. It just means that in the view of that reviewer, the PC Laptop's sum of its parts were less than those of another product which happens to run a different OS. Some people just can't handle diversity without screaming about bias that only exists in the mind of the reader.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i have disliked gizmodo since their changes and i just do not go there like i used to.. which sux as i liked jalopnik....

i am on the hunt for new car and tech sites.
i have found leftlanenews to be fair. the user comments is what i am disliking on there.

what else ya got for tech?

Monty

I've been using Autoblog for my car site for years. I love it. I also frequent MotorTrend and the occasional Car and Driver.
I liked Jalopnik too, but lately its mostly garbage "articles"

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
One of the ones I personally follow is TechnoBuffalo. They have a lot of user submitted content and do a lot of cool video reviews. The editor of the site, John Rettinger, is a past iPhone user by now says iOS has become stale and now uses an Android device. Another one of my favorite sites is Pocketnow.com.

Check them both out and tell me what you think!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the new layouts of those sites is what drove me away from then. Biased yes badly designed double yes.

However I do cheat because I love reading the Deals of the Day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome