I'm 13 and I have been having this problem for a while. As soon as I start crying about it, other memories come easily and makes me cry more. It makes me think of how better my life was then.
    I don't know what to do and I just want it to go away! Please help.
    04-03-2018 07:53 PM
    Adolescence is a difficult time because of the physical and emotional changes that are happening. It's worth it though, being transformed over a period of years from child to adult, and the experience is very definitely not all bad.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    04-04-2018 04:24 AM
    I'm 21 years old this year.

When I was your age, I had the same thing. Heck, I still think about the memories of the old days at times even today. Some were cringey but others were definitely memorable.

The best advice I can give is to attempt to move forward. Memories will serve to remind you of the old days but those are long gone, I'm afraid. The important thing is to look forward to what's coming. It may never be as good as the old days, but we have to learn to evolve and move forward, no matter what struggles we may face in life.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    04-04-2018 06:35 AM
    I know the feeling... every time I look in the mirror and see my hair line and grays in my beard.

Crying is a healthy way to release inner emotions and anxieties. I always feel better after a good bawl session. Although to much crying, like continually over and over, to the point where it impacts your self esteem and sense of worth might be signs of depression or deep seeded anxiety.

Is weepy/sobby sorrow the only thing you feel when you look back? Some sorrow is healthy and normal when inter mixed with feelings of optimism and "good".
    04-04-2018 09:08 PM
    I'm 13 and I have been having this problem for a while. As soon as I start crying about it, other memories come easily and makes me cry more. It makes me think of how better my life was then.
    If you are sad more times than not, please tell your parents. Hormonal changes and changes in brain chemistry can cause depression in young people. This is fixable, but you need to confide in your parents, a trusted aunt, teacher, or another adult you know will help you. Do not keep these feelings to yourself. Talk to an adult about them. A doctor can assess your health and recommend a course of treatment, if it is needed.
    07-16-2018 06:59 PM
    I'm 18 and do the same thing sometimes...
    It is normal for this to happen. In fact, it happens to me when I remember good old days with my first Android device that is now obsolete and dead...
    10-12-2018 02:45 AM
    I am a grandmother, with three grown kids and 9 grandkids ranging from 6-28, also a great grandson, age 5. I remember those years, but if you are sad all the time, please talk to your parents or a trusted adult. While sadness and crying are normal, it can lead to depression. Talk to someone. You have a happy life ahead of you. Don't let this sadness rob you of your fun teenage years. I hope and pray you will confide in someone. Talking always helps.
    12-08-2018 03:51 PM