I heard that you can detox and clean your liver by using detox tea. So I went to Whole Foods only to find out there's several different kinds. I just wondering what should I use? Or is there another way to do it?

The reason I ask is my doctor found something wrong with my liver so he will do more tests on it. He told me to exercise more and I started to drink more water.

I think the reason I have problems is I used to drink lots of alcohol in the past.

Thanks for any advice you can give to me.
    06-05-2011 11:43 PM
    Alcohol can damage your liver, but if you didn't go beyond the point of repair, generally the liver will heal. Just don't drink. Good luck and hope it all goes well.
    06-06-2011 01:46 AM
    One of the nice things about Whole Foods is that they usually staff some fairly knowledgeable people. I would definitely ask them for advice and do a little bit of Googling to see what's out there.

Also, I'm pretty sure cranberries are supposed to be good too.
    06-06-2011 03:08 AM
    My wife recently had blood-work done and was told the same thing by the first doctor, who sent her to a second doctor. The second doctor told her the numbers were a little higher than average but nothing out of the ordinary. He pointed out that something as simple as taking Tylenol the night before the blood-work was done could have elevated the enzyme count. yes, she did take Tylenol the night before. (Excessive body weight and emotional stress, among other things, can also have an effect on the test results too.)

Your doctor may be taking a cautious approach because of your history. I would strongly recommend NOT jumping the gun. In other words, don't turn to homeopathic remedies unless you discuss them with your doctor first. I personally would pick up a water pitcher (Brita, Zero-Water, etc) and follow the doctor's instructions. He sounds like he has your best interests at heart.
    06-06-2011 11:24 AM
    Thanks for all the replies!
    06-06-2011 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD