3 months ago I ended up on life support in ICU and in a medical coma for 20 days. I had peritonitis, sepsis, kidney failure and Staphylococcus. I couldn't breathe alone and I very nearly died. When I was eventually woken up from a living nightmare (I hallucinated constantly whilst in the coma) and found myself covered in tubes and cables and attached to machines. I had a tracheostomy that left me with a nasty scar and drains in my abdomen. I had undergone 4 more surgeries and procedures and I was critically ill (as the doctors and nurses kept telling me).

I fought hard to get well as quickly as I could. And after 30 days I was able to go home. Still weak, still with nasty wounds on my abdomen but alive.

Today I celebrate my 46th birthday. I lived to see this day and I so nearly didn't.

I am so lucky. My husband had visited me every single day. My mother travelled hundreds of miles every week to come and soothe my aches and pains. My friends came to see me bearing tasty cooked food. I found out who my true friends actually were. And I am grateful for them all.

When I got home one of my cats was pining for me. Little Tiny had thought I was gone forever and she stayed with me for days after I got home, cuddling me and meowing constantly. She is my baby and I adore her.

And there is this community here on Android Central forums. I spoke to a couple of members who I have connected with and they were so supportive. I am grateful for them and for this community as a whole.

So on this day of celebration I thank you all. And I thank God for saving my life.

Happy Birthday to me. Happy Birthday to me-birthday-instagram-caption-1-1024x683.jpegHappy Birthday to me-00100srportrait_00100_burst20191122122544840_cover.jpegHappy Birthday to me-tiny-20luvs-20hoomum.jpeg
    12-14-2019 08:13 PM
    First Happy Birthday !
    2nd it shows what strong woman you are fighting for your life , people like you I admire and look up to. Hope you have a great birthday.
    12-14-2019 08:24 PM
    First Happy Birthday !
    2nd it shows what strong woman you are fighting for your life , people like you I admire and look up to. Hope you have a great birthday.
    Thanks mate! Means a lot.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-14-2019 08:27 PM
    Thanks mate! Means a lot.
    Your welcome
    12-14-2019 08:29 PM
    Happy 46th birthday, Kirstein. What a fighter you must be. May your new year be filled with blessings.
    12-14-2019 08:31 PM
    Happy 46th birthday, Kirstein. What a fighter you must be. May your new year be filled with blessings.
    Thanks.
    12-14-2019 08:40 PM
    Oh wow! So glad you are back on your feet after such a terrible experience. You are definitely a fighter. Happy birthday, Kirstein!
    12-14-2019 09:08 PM
    Egads, that must've been harrowing! We're so glad you had the strength to charge through. Always a pleasure to see you around the forums!
    12-15-2019 12:09 AM
    Here's to many, many more.
    12-15-2019 06:16 AM
    12-15-2019 06:30 AM

You and your cats are famous here at Android Central. The volunteer team members have also long been aware of your helpful posts. It's good to have you with us.
    12-15-2019 06:54 AM
    3 months ago I ended up on life support in ICU and in a medical coma for 20 days. I had peritonitis, sepsis, kidney failure and Staphylococcus. I couldn't breathe alone and I very nearly died. When I was eventually woken up from a living nightmare (I hallucinated constantly whilst in the coma) and found myself covered in tubes and cables and attached to machines. I had a tracheostomy that left me with a nasty scar and drains in my abdomen. I had undergone 4 more surgeries and procedures and I was critically ill (as the doctors and nurses kept telling me).

I fought hard to get well as quickly as I could. And after 30 days I was able to go home. Still weak, still with nasty wounds on my abdomen but alive.

Today I celebrate my 46th birthday. I lived to see this day and I so nearly didn't.

I am so lucky. My husband had visited me every single day. My mother travelled hundreds of miles every week to come and soothe my aches and pains. My friends came to see me bearing tasty cooked food. I found out who my true friends actually were. And I am grateful for them all.

When I got home one of my cats was pining for me. Little Tiny had thought I was gone forever and she stayed with me for days after I got home, cuddling me and meowing constantly. She is my baby and I adore her.

And there is this community here on Android Central forums. I spoke to a couple of members who I have connected with and they were so supportive. I am grateful for them and for this community as a whole.

So on this day of celebration I thank you all. And I thank God for saving my life.

Happy Birthday to me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birthday-instagram-caption-1-1024x683.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	314230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00100srPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191122122544840_COVER.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	314231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiny%20Luvs%20Hoomum.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	314232
    I am a critical care nurse so I know exactly what you went through. Not everyone is so lucky as I’m sure you know. Thank you for sharing your story, happy birthday and enjoy every day!
    12-15-2019 07:13 AM
    Kirstein, I am so glad that you are recovering and that you celebrated your birthday with family and delicious food! You are a fighter and a wonderful person and I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. Cats are definitely a loving species - Tiny is lucky to have you! Hope you had a great birthday!
    12-15-2019 12:21 PM
    Thank you to everyone. I had a wonderful day with my daughter Saph and her friend Lyd. We watched Frozen, Detective Pikachu and men in black international. Had some Amaretto to drink. Some good food and friendship. Best Birthday in years. Thanks to you all for the encouragement.
    12-15-2019 11:20 PM
    Happy birthday and best wishes for a full recovery!
    12-16-2019 09:32 AM
    Happy birthday Kirstein! I hope you fully recover and live for many many years to come. Your ultra mega extra floofy cats are mega famous here and what they did to help you is nothing short of what I expected from quality floof (quality floof is highly medicinal). I noticed for a while you weren't active here and at first didn't think much of it and thought you were just busy or something, then I started getting worried out of my mind, and then just now I saw this thread and both had a profuse panic attack and profusely sighed a sigh of relief all at the same time. Without your posts, Android Central feels kinda empty to be honest (ESPECIALLY the cat thread). Anyways, good to hear your are getting better. I am on the verge of crying and the sad music I am listening to isn't helping...
    12-16-2019 10:20 AM
    Thank you to everyone. I had a wonderful day with my daughter Saph and her friend Lyd. We watched Frozen, Detective Pikachu and men in black international. Had some Amaretto to drink. Some good food and friendship. Best Birthday in years. Thanks to you all for the encouragement.
    That sounds like a wonderful birthday! Especially the Detective Pikachu part!
    12-16-2019 01:25 PM
    Happy birthday Kirstein! I hope you fully recover and live for many many years to come. Your ultra mega extra floofy cats are mega famous here and what they did to help you is nothing short of what I expected from quality floof (quality floof is highly medicinal). I noticed for a while you weren't active here and at first didn't think much of it and thought you were just busy or something, then I started getting worried out of my mind, and then just now I saw this thread and both had a profuse panic attack and profusely sighed a sigh of relief all at the same time. Without your posts, Android Central feels kinda empty to be honest (ESPECIALLY the cat thread). Anyways, good to hear your are getting better. I am on the verge of crying and the sad music I am listening to isn't helping...
    Thanks so much for your kind words.
    12-17-2019 03:47 AM
    That sounds like a wonderful birthday! Especially the Detective Pikachu part!
    Hi Cynthia.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-17-2019 03:47 AM
    Hi Cynthia.
    Hi, Kirstein! I will check my messages tonight!!
    gendo667 and milleniumdroid like this.
    12-17-2019 12:44 PM