The Coronavirus Maze-How are we navigating it today?

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I know we are tech.
This pandemic has taken over the world news and with us being Samsung Fan boys we can't ignore what's happening. From YouTubers refusing to say Coronasvirus and NBA season being canceled. How is everyone going about this?

I just canceled a vacation to Disney World 2ith my family because this isn't anything to take lightly.

https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw

Moderators don't delete this lets come together as a community and let those who can educate us.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I was supposed to go to a concert next week, not looking good now I suppose. I've been looking forward to this concert since last year. I'm curious if they'll cancel it (it's in NJ).

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it's crazy. I too have decided to cancel/postpone my planned trip until May.

Whether we think it's overblown or not, there's nothing wrong with taking precautions.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My wife works 4 counties away in Houston, Tx.
They told her to take her computer home and see if it will.work.
She is only working 1/2 of a day tomorrow.
She has to meet me at MD Anderson to see what they want to do to get my Leukemia back in remission.
i need to find out what is going to happen with me being treated with the Corona Corona virus.
I know they don't want but many visitors at the hospital.

I
The wife is my caretaker.
So she will be with me for at least 3 days.
I will enjoy that.
Guess we need to get some extra food.
Toilet paper and anti bacterial soap is being hoarded.

Wondering what the medical society is going to come up with.
Seems people want to blame the president.
He has people he has in charge of these things.
He ain't no doctor.
Leave something this big to the doctors and medical professionals.
I know I bearly have a immune system.
And I'm over 65.

With it being 10 times stronger than the flu.
I won't make it.

This is gonna make history.
Hope they find a way to control it.
Alabama and Mississippi dont have anybody with it.
They go to work and go home.
They dont want to travel a lot.
How do I know.
I was born in Alabama.
My son lives there.

I wish luck to everybody with this epidemic.
Good Luck to everybody in the World.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My wife works 4 counties away in Houston, Tx.
They told her to take her computer home and see if it will.work.
She is only working 1/2 of a day tomorrow.
She has to meet me at MD Anderson to see what they want to do to get my Leukemia back in remission.
i need to find out what is going to happen with me being treated with the Corona Corona virus.
I know they don't want but many visitors at the hospital.

I
The wife is my caretaker.
So she will be with me for at least 3 days.
I will enjoy that.
Guess we need to get some extra food.
Toilet paper and anti bacterial soap is being hoarded.

Wondering what the medical society is going to come up with.
Seems people want to blame the president.
He has people he has in charge of these things.
He ain't no doctor.
Leave something this big to the doctors and medical professionals.
I know I bearly have a immune system.
And I'm over 65.

With it being 10 times stronger than the flu.
I won't make it.

This is gonna make history.
Hope they find a way to control it.
Alabama and Mississippi dont have anybody with it.
They go to work and go home.
They dont want to travel a lot.
How do I know.
I was born in Alabama.
My son lives there.

I wish luck to everybody with this epidemic.
Good Luck to everybody in the World.

stay home do not go outside this is real and after everything that's happened in the past 72 hours I'm scared because this isn't your normal flu virus. I know this is a tech site and all but phones aside communicate with one another do your due diligence if you can stay home do it stock up on canned goods the essentials.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
We will keep this thread, but I've moved it to the Android Central Lounge, since it's about more than phones, travel, politics or anything else.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
We will keep this thread, but I've moved it to the Android Central Lounge, since it's about more than phones, travel, politics or anything else.

This is what I knew what happen yall can move my pot because it's not about the Latest and greatest phone I could care less but this is about me posting about a community of people I've been communicating with

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
This is what I knew what happen yall can move my pot because it's not about the Latest and greatest phone I could care less but this is about me posting about a community of people I've been communicating with
Well, all of us here at Android Central are part of the community, whether or not we have Samsung devices or even whether or not we use Android devices.

This is something that affects all of us, no matter where we live, work, travel, etc. All of us need to stay safe until this virus runs its course.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's still in the community and correct forum where everyone can share their thoughts .

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
The whole country is in a "deep freeze". Everyone is taking precautions. When the NBA cancels the season, you knw it's a global pandemic. I think taking this outbreak seriously is the best way to manage this very contagious virus.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The whole country is in a "deep freeze". Everyone is taking precautions. When the NBA cancels the season, you knw it's a global pandemic. I think taking this outbreak seriously is the best way to manage this very contagious virus.

They postponed the season, didn’t say that it was totally canceled.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
They postponed the season, didn’t say that it was totally canceled.

Several teams have played against a player who was tested positive for the corona virus. It's going to be awhile - if at all when they resume play. The whole league is in quarantine.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm in no way panicked right now, hasn't had any effect on my life other than the local stores having no toilet paper because people are weird. Someone near me bought 48 cases, not sure why anyone needs several years worth of toilet paper.

I do feel it's worth watching and everything being done is justified as a precaution to prevent it from spreading, just no more reason to fear it than the countless other things I could die from.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
For me it isn't fear of dying. It's a huge inconvenience. I end up having to go to the hospital which is a nightmare, use all my sick time at work, stay away from everyone I care about and try to keep the virus from escalating to pneumonia.

What a nightmare.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Nobody will stay at home.
Everybody will be out like its spring break .

Stay in your state.

BBQ at home.
And relax.
Get rid of your garbage now before it piles up.
Go get and medicine you have filled now..
Get some pocket money for a Emergency.
What will you do for a couple weeks at home.
Think about what you can do to help family close to you now.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you get it, there's a 98% chance of survival. Likely higher if you include non-reported mild cases (I.e. You didn't go to the doctor for it), and consider most of those that have died had other complications. If you have a healthy immune system, this isn't much different than the flu and basic hygiene does wonders.

What irritates me is that so many have started hoarding basic necessities, that it's making it hard to just do normal grocery shopping and is taking away supplies needed for those actually sick and needing them. We had a cold run through my family (no not Corona, and we didn't freak out) last weekend, but we couldn't get some needed meds and sanitizers to deal with it because of all the paranoid idiots that think they are preparing for nuclear winter or something.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
If you get it, there's a 98% chance of survival. Likely higher if you include non-reported mild cases (I.e. You didn't go to the doctor for it), and consider most of those that have died had other complications. If you have a healthy immune system, this isn't much different than the flu and basic hygiene does wonders.

What irritates me is that so many have started hoarding basic necessities, that it's making it hard to just do normal grocery shopping and is taking away supplies needed for those actually sick and needing them. We had a cold run through my family (no not Corona, and we didn't freak out) last weekend, but we couldn't get some needed meds and sanitizers to deal with it because of all the paranoid idiots that think they are preparing for nuclear winter or something.

It's human nature. I went grocery shopping yesterday and saw several individuals with relatively large amounts of those things you mentioned. The store was out of hand sanitizer and a manager informed me that the chain's warehouses were depleted of that stock. Thank TV, thank the Internet, thank a heightened sense of calamity given many factors but this will leave a lingering impression.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm taking it seriously.

I work in childcare and so I have lots of kids sneezing and coughing in my face daily - but when it comes to adults, I try to stay away, especially on the bus. I am concerned about taking public transit but at the same time, I don't want my day to day life to stop because of this. I still need to work; I still need to do things.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm taking it seriously.

I work in childcare and so I have lots of kids sneezing and coughing in my face daily - but when it comes to adults, I try to stay away, especially on the bus. I am concerned about taking public transit but at the same time, I don't want my day to day life to stop because of this. I still need to work; I still need to do things.

Stay safe! They closed an elementary school in my town b/c a teacher tested positive for it.

That being said, I'm not doing anything differently than I always have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey