What would be your 'Perfect' Android phone?

k3u

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Edge to edge screen that's relatively thinner than the current line up. Also an alternative source of energy or a different method of powering up these phones to ensure they last more than a couple days.

kryst100

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Take LG V20, make it look like V10, make it waterproof, add wireless charging. Maybe an iris scanner like note 7 has. Aaaand stereo speakers.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My ultimate device:

5.5" screen but no bezels, side, top and bottom like what is rumored to be arriving from both Samsung and iPhone. Quad HD bit can be scaled back to FHD or HD like the Note 7 could.

Note device with at least 4000mah battery. It doesn't have to be super slim. 256GB storage, plus unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos.

The 41MP camera from the Lumia 1020. But with f1.7. And 8MP front camera. A triple led flash plus xenon flash. And for night photography, a burst feature like my Sony camera that takes a rapid series of images, then combines them all and takes out all the noise and sharpens up the image.

The audio DAT from the LG V20.

To top it off, the back of the phone could have an ultra low power e ink display like the Yota phone. But a more advanced e ink display that is much more responsive without ghosting and artefact.

Doohickie

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
My dream Android device would run all the Android apps but look just like Windows Phone, including the unity of format within the apps (at least for contacts, phone, messaging and email).

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
5.5 inch Htc10, smooth out bezels on back, closer to M8. QHD Super AMOLED screen with good brightness, Note7 quality. Camera actually on par or better than S7. Vanilla Android for update purposes. Waterproof. It's metal, so I'm OK with no wireless charging. As little screen bezel as possible. Or a Note 7 that doesn't explode and doesn't have TW. That was a badass phone.

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I really like my 5x

If they increased the specs for RAM, storage and battery, and added "wireless charging" it would be my perfect phone. I don't need/want anything bigger for a phone, I have a tablet and a Chromebook for when I do want a bigger screen.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
4. 3 inch 1280*720 Amoled display
minimum 70% screen to body ratio
4gb ram Snapdragon 616 cpu
5000 mah battery with quick charge
64gb storage with sd card slot
Water and shatter proof
Android kitkat with system wide dark theme
Realistically such a phone would cost $300-400.
Basically what i want is a very compact phone with good specs and amazing battery life.
Although Xperia Compacts come close they are still bigger than what i want.

4.3 inch screen with a 5000mAh would make it a very very fat phone! I think smaller phones are more battery efficient already due to the small screen so a huge battery is not needed. I think the closest you can get for you is the Sony Xperia X Compact (4.6 inches). 2700 mAh battery, Type-C USB, Hexa-core Snapdragon 650, 3 GB RAM, 32GB with SD card slot. Sony is the only few manufacturers that still make high end, compact smartphones.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The LG V20 (which is what I currently have) is the closest perfect phone for me. My perfect phone:

- 5.7 inch with minimal bezels (still need a little bit of bezels to hold the phone)
- Sapphire glass (scratch proof)
- 4000mAh with removable battery (like the LG V20)
- Slim, sleek design with light-weight metal body build (no thicker than the V20, or iPhone 7)
- Water-Resistant IP69K rating, military grade to withstand drops
- 6GB of RAM (possibly upgradable modules)
- Snapdragon 835 or newer
- Quick Charge (extremely fast charging, 0 - 100% in 15 minutes)
- 23MP camera with dual pixel technology, 16MP secondary WIDE angle camera, 12MP front facing wide-angle camera
- Samsung Pay compatible
- IR blaster, heart-rate monitor, temperature monitor
- 128GB on board memory
- DUAL micro SD card slot (room for 2)
- DUAL nano sim card slot
- USB C 3.0 port
- HEADPHONE JACK with OCTA DAC technology
- Dual front facing speakers (like the old HTCs)
- Fingerprint scanner built onto the screen
- Voice assistant command enabled

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
My perfect phone:
-Qualcomm SoC with a deca-core 3.2GHz Cortex A53 and and a 1600MHz Adreno 540 GPU.
-top notch AMOLED 5 inch panel with 4K resolution.
-Android 7.1 stock with added features.
-8000mAh graphene supercapacitor with 5 minute charge time.
-Worldwide frequency bands.
-HTC one style enclosure.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Right, dream device.

Screen: 5" (border-less, 1920 x 1080)
Battery: 7,000mah
Camera: 16mp (F1.5) (OIS)
Storage: 32 GB + Micro SD
Processor: anything that keeps it smooth.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

So funny to look back about 1 year ago and see just how much my mind has changed.

Right now, I would up the screen size from 5.0" to around 5.5" and instead of 1080p we need a lovely 1440p panel! 😃

Battery & Camera I'm still happy with, but might up the storage from 32GB to 128GB. That should be big enough to meet all my needs and more.

Candice Miller

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
Made by Google
IP69K waterproofing
No headphone jack
Gorilla Glass 5 body
USB type C charger
Gigabit LTE
802.11ax compatibility
5k mAh battery fast charging/QI wireless charging
Front facing speakers
64gb internal storage
4 gb ram
5.7"-6" Edge to edge super amoled screen
No notch (but not a dealbreaker if it had it)
Latest snapdragon
Rear 13 mp dual cameras
Front facing 13 mp camera
Fingerprint reader on back
Face scanning tech
Sensors: Accelerometer, barometer, gyro, geomagnetic, proximity, iris
Portrait mode, face smoothing, stickers, and other photo app enhancements
Customizable color scheme

We're so close, we're almost there

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Updated on my perfect phone (May 2018):

Verizon-compatible (phones are irrelevant to me if they don't work on the carrier that best for me)

Snapdragon 660
4GB RAM
64GB Internal Storage (expandable portable storage via microSD card)

3000-3500 mAh battery
USB-C 15W non-proprietary fast-charging

6" HD+ (1080, 2:1) AMOLED display (no notch)

Minimum front firing speaker

In-glass front (proper) finger print sensor

Hardware mute all sounds/DND switch.

Camera:
Rear 12-16MP 4:3 output powered by separate "Pixel Visual Core"-like post-processing
Front 8-12MP 4:3 output powered by separate "Pixel Visual Core"-like post-processing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol