What is your dream phone?

missmom

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I know I'm in the minority when it come to really really big phone but here is my perfect dream phone spec.

Sony Xperia Z Ultra 2
- 6.4 inches screen (anything less won't cut it) (regret getting the Note 3 cause I never heard of the Ultra) (even the Mega 6.3 felt small for me and I still had a few cm left in my pocket for that mega phone)
- Quad dual front speaker and back speaker with Beat audio technology, Creative sound blaster, or any other good high quality audio card. (the Note 3 speaker suck and I had to often put on my earphone to hear what people were saying on Youtube) Loud and clear sound is a must, doesn't need to be audiophile quality.
- Waterproof - phone can be thicker with thicker membrane if it mean I can get Quad dual front and back speaker.
- Scratch/dust/dent resistant and so durable that you don't need a case if drop.
- 3500 + Mah battery
- 128 build in storage capacity. (don't need SD card slot if this is the case) (SD card slot don't work with game apps unless root)
- Snapdragon 805 or higher and Adreno 330 or higher gpx and processor
- Removable battery
- Full metal (aluminum or any type of metal) - carbon fiber prefer :D
- 20 Mega pixel camera or higher but 20 is enough with image optimization stabler and flash. Front camera is 4 mpx or higher.
- 4K recording (like the note 3)
- 1080p resolution or higher ( I don't know what those high resolution in the Note 4 (quad HD) look like so I don't know yet)
- Physical camera button
- Forward button
- Duel screen (like that of the Note 3)
- S-pen included but work more like the Ultra than the Note 3 where anything metal would work as an s-pen. However only the included S-pen has
s-pen functionality (like the Note 3)
- Non mobile web browser
- Flash media, java, quicktime included so I can watch Southpark and The Simpsons
- usb 4.0

What your?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is simple; all the specs of the Note 4 but with a 5.9" screen (instead of its current 5.7") and full SD card access (pre-Kit Kat changes) and I'd be a happy camper for the foreseeable future. :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Simple.

Super Phone like the LG G3 with access to my iTunes (Protected) library.

tapatalk LG pro D852

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 6 just hit my two most wanted things in a phone/pocket computer.

1. Is an iPhone.
2. Can run Swiftkey.

Quest complete.

anon4935932

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I know this is no way to make friends on an Android site, but you asked...
My ideal would be the size of a Galaxy S4 Mini, with the specs of a Galaxy S5...running webOS (with a full range of apps).

Posted via Android Central App

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
- 4.8-5", 1080p screen
- Good battery
- Wireless charging
- Decent volume/speakers (wtf is this so hard for Nexus?)
- 32 GB's
- Apple's I4 white (not sure why Samsung & Motorola's white are so much uglier?).

Doesn't seem like it should be that hard. Yet it is. Meh.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Droid maxx battery maybe a little bigger like 4000mah. with 4k IPS screen with HTC one front facing speakers with iPhone camera with nexus vanilla android and the droid Kevlar build.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
5.5" screen. Note 3 is just a hair too big overall dimensions I think. I know I know. 4k resolution of course. Make it a true edge to edge which should be possible now with things like the note4 edge. So I should be able to get a 5.5" screen and be a decent amount smaller than the note 3. Make the battery last 2 days. Right now my note 3 can go a day with "heavy" useage and make it to bedtime with 25% ish. When I go on trips my phone does not make it from 4am EST leaving the house till 6pm Mountain time. I want my laser keyboard and a projector lamp to the wall coming from phone. I want some of the cross platform unity that windows and apple has and even google, but a little farther. I mean it looks like apple is close with ios8 and yosemite, but only works if you have all apple products. Wont work with a windows computer and ipad and iphone. Processor just has to be the latest and greatest at the time of release. Cameras on most phones are good enough for point and shoot work, but a little better low light shooting without the sacrifice on daylight shooting would be great.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Sony Nexus Z (based of Z5 - 6 month release cycle):
  • 5.50" 2560x1440 QHD Triluminos Display (534 ppi)
  • Snapdragon 820 w/ 4 GB RAM
  • Front Stereo Speakers
  • 20.7 MP OIS (Rear) and 5 MP (Front), Laser Autofocus, Dual-LED Flash
  • Fingerprint Reader, NFC
  • USB Type-C, Quick Charge 2.0, Wireless Charging
  • 32 GB and 64 GB - no expandable storage cause Google and its cloud services
  • 3200 - 3300 mAh Battery
  • Running Android Marshmallow
OR

HTC Nexus 2:
  • 5.50" 2560x1440 QHD S-LCD4 Display (534 ppi)
  • Snapdragon 820 w/ 4 GB RAM
  • Boomsound
  • 13 OIS (Rear) and 5 MP (Front), Laser Autofocus, Dual-LED Flash
  • Fingerprint Reader, NFC
  • USB Type-C, Quick Charge 2.0, Wireless Charging
  • 32 GB and 64 GB
  • 2700 - 3000 mAh Battery
  • Running Android Marshmallow

Last edited:

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sony Nexus Z (based of Z5 - 6 month release cycle):
  • 5.5 inch QHD Triluminos Display - cause Google will realize 5.9 inches is too ridiculous
  • Snapdragon 810 with 4 GB RAM - cause 4 GB will be the next big thing in 2015
  • 20.7 MP (Rear) and 5 MP (Front)
  • Front Facing Speakers
  • 32 GB and 64 GB - no expandable storage cause Google and its cloud services
  • 3100 - 3300 mAh Battery
  • Running Android M

Android M?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol