Note 5 and Windows 10 Phone

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Note 5 with Windows 10 Phone. Perhaps not too far fetched if the Windows 10 ROM materializes.

I think such a combination has potential. S Pen capabilities combined with OneNote, Office Apps, OneDrive, etc. Bring the unique Note series form factor, screen size and display quality, hardware features, camera, removable battery/SD card, improved fingerprint scanner, and overall capabilities that the S6/Note 4 currently have (assumes that Note 5 will inherit and improve upon select relevant features/capabilities); and I think this could be a nice phone.

I'm considering Note 5 for my next phone, and having an option to go with Android/TouchWiz or Windows 10 could introduce new quality options in my view.

Microsoft is making a ROM that allows Android smartphones to run Windows 10 for phones | Windows Central

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or you have the option of going with Android and not TouchWiz. You can install any launcher you like, you're not limited to TW. (TW, or any manufacturer's launcher, doesn't last 10 minutes on any of my phones - one of the first things I do is install Nova Launcher.)

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I hear you on that. I'd be open to an Android ROM that supports S Pen and the other "good stuff" that comes with TW. I liked JellyBeans for how it merged TW and the AOKP world. CleanROM is another outstanding option. I'd drop that on a Note 5 if boot loader can be unlocked. Maybe I'll look into a Developer version - if there is one on Verizon.