A Fully Rugged Android Smartphone That Uses Verizon

PhoneDude8

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Have you noticed most fully rugged android phones use AT&T? Why can't Verizon users get these phones? In fact if these phones were avalible to all networks or just Verizon they would simply make more money overall since a large majority of people use other networks or Verizon. The only Verizon android phone that, in my opinion, is even close to rugged is the Verizon Droid Turbo 2. I actually heard the Verizon Droid Turbo 3 may come out this October with an updated version of android and a new look (Hey, maybe it will be fully rugged?) I also hope it is waterproof. But what do you think about android rugged phones using Verizon? I think it would be great, I would love to see a Samsung Galaxy Active phone use Verizon for once.

NOTE: When I say rugged I mean the following;

Waterproof

Super Strong Screen and Glass (including camera)

Rugged Shockproof Internals

Rugged Look Aswell?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. There's no such thing as a waterproof phone. There are water-resistant phones, if you drop some water on them they're okay, but if you swim with one it's going to be shot.

2. Screens aren't "super strong". Just look at the many "replace the screen posts here.

3. Same with the internals. "I dropped my phone and now it won't work."

Verizon carries a lot of the same basic models as AT&T - look at the Samsung line.

If you want a ruggedized phone, the last one I can recall was the Nextel. There hasn't been a tower it can connect to for years.

PhoneDude8

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
1. There's no such thing as a waterproof phone. There are water-resistant phones, if you drop some water on them they're okay, but if you swim with one it's going to be shot.

2. Screens aren't "super strong". Just look at the many "replace the screen posts here.

3. Same with the internals. "I dropped my phone and now it won't work."

Verizon carries a lot of the same basic models as AT&T - look at the Samsung line.

If you want a ruggedized phone, the last one I can recall was the Nextel. There hasn't been a tower it can connect to for years.

1.(reply) My friend has a fully waterproof android smart phone (that requires AT&T) and his is submersible to 30 feet for and hour at a time.

2. (reply) It depends on what material the screen is made of and what type of phone it is.

3. (reply) I have seen many android (yet again AT&T exclusive) that have extremely durable internals to absorb shock.

Yes, Verizon does carry a lot of the same devices at AT&T, but not that much with rugged phones meant for the great outdoors to be able to beat on them with little to no damage.

Aniol 1

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Have you noticed most fully rugged android phones use AT&T? Why can't Verizon users get these phones? In fact if these phones were avalible to all networks or just Verizon they would simply make more money overall since a large majority of people use other networks or Verizon. The only Verizon android phone that, in my opinion, is even close to rugged is the Verizon Droid Turbo 2. I actually heard the Verizon Droid Turbo 3 may come out this October with an updated version of android and a new look (Hey, maybe it will be fully rugged?) I also hope it is waterproof. But what do you think about android rugged phones using Verizon? I think it would be great, I would love to see a Samsung Galaxy Active phone use Verizon for once.

NOTE: When I say rugged I mean the following;

Waterproof

Super Strong Screen and Glass (including camera)

Rugged Shockproof Internals

Rugged Look Aswell?