I'm sure this has been hashed before, but given how the 2 are so good in those respective areas, but such a phone would be absolutely incredible. I think if something like this ever became reality, Apple would not be able to hold a candle to it.

Think about it, a phone with the aesthetics of a Samsung with the awesome build, awesome processors, awesome RAM, and bring in Google's optimized software experience to be able to truly take advantage of such hardware features, that would be amazing wouldn't it? A tri-camera system with the standard, wide, ultra-wide lenses utilizing pure Google software to give you the absolute top of the class photography and video recording capabilities. Such a phone would just be incredible.

I hope one of these days to see such a collaboration. I mean, technically we have with HTC and LG providing the hardware goods for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, but to have a collab with an industry leader such as Samsung would put a device in people's hands that could really "WOW".
    09-29-2019 04:15 PM
    I'm sure this has been hashed before, but given how the 2 are so good in those respective areas, but such a phone would be absolutely incredible. I think if something like this ever became reality, Apple would not be able to hold a candle to it.

Think about it, a phone with the aesthetics of a Samsung with the awesome build, awesome processors, awesome RAM, and bring in Google's optimized software experience to be able to truly take advantage of such hardware features, that would be amazing wouldn't it? A tri-camera system with the standard, wide, ultra-wide lenses utilizing pure Google software to give you the absolute top of the class photography and video recording capabilities. Such a phone would just be incredible.

I hope one of these days to see such a collaboration. I mean, technically we have with HTC and LG providing the hardware goods for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, but to have a collab with an industry leader such as Samsung would put a device in people's hands that could really "WOW".
    Back in the day Samsung Google play edition, but I don't think that would come again
    Gray Area and EMGSM like this.
    09-29-2019 04:24 PM
    That's about what you have when you buy a Samsung - AOSP plus whatever Samsung adds. If you want the Android experience, install the Pixel launcher, root the phone and uninstall all the Samsung apps. Then you have the software of a Pixel and the hardware of a Samsung. (You don't need Active Edge because you don't have the hardware for it. The same with the Google camera - you don't have a Visual Core chip.)
    10-01-2019 12:48 PM

To put it into more detail, ideally this is what each company could input into a dream phone (in my opinion):

Display: Samsung
    Camera setup and Night Mode: Huawei
    Daylight camera processing: Google
    Operating System Software: Google
    Charging and Battery Life: Huawei
    Price/Value for Money: OnePlus and Xiaomi
    Design: Samsung
    Cool features (e.g S Pen, in display fingerprint sensors etc): Samsung and Huawei
    Performance (processors, cooling etc): Samsung
    10-01-2019 03:02 PM
    Back in the day Samsung Google play edition, but I don't think that would come again
    Funny thing is at the time, the regular S4 in which the Samsung Google Play Edition was based off of was actually the more popular and arguably better of the two. The Google Play Edition tried just a little too much for a minimalistic look, feel, and functionality. It actually lacked quite a few of the key features from the standard S4 that people really liked.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-01-2019 03:49 PM
    Funny thing is at the time, the regular S4 in which the Samsung Google Play Edition was based off of was actually the more popular and arguably better of the two. The Google Play Edition tried just a little too much for a minimalistic look, feel, and functionality. It actually lacked quite a few of the key features from the standard S4 that people really liked.
    That's true , it was striped down version , just like how I made my HTC m8 Google play edition
    10-01-2019 04:49 PM
    Wow you went way back in time. I remember looking at the GPE when I got the Arctic Blue S4 which was a Best Buy special at the time.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-07-2019 05:24 PM
    Wow you went way back in time. I remember looking at the GPE when I got the Arctic Blue S4 which was a Best Buy special at the time.
    Good old days
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-07-2019 06:42 PM
    Good old days
    Those were the days I was really into rooting. Now-a-days not so much.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-07-2019 07:27 PM
    Those were the days I was really into rooting. Now-a-days not so much.
    I'm not as much either...kinda out of my system for now
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-07-2019 07:35 PM