Phone from HEAVEN

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I've always wanted a modern device that gave you all the choice you want. Something that would be well supported by XDA for many years, have futureproof hardware, and much more. I am so tired of the trend of devices becoming so locked down that I constantly dream of an unlocked "perfect" device, like a modernized HTC HD2 on extreme steroids.

- UEFI BIOS (like on UEFI based PCs), without the cursed secure boot. The setup menu would have built-in TWRP-compatible recovery functionality, all the possible tweaking options (custom CPU/GPU clock and voltage tables with a safety limit on the voltage, custom DRAM clock settings, manual/automatic cooling settings, custom power limit settings and so on), ability to boot into any custom recovery from any available storage medium, view all nitty-gritty system parameters (temperatures, current clocks, power consumption of various components, on the level of HWInfo on the PC), to view detailed battery and power info (cycle count, voltage, internal resistance, current vs design capacity, discharge/charge current on the battery, voltage and current at the USB port or wireless charging receiver coil and output of the wireless charging circuitry, voltages on every power rail of the PMIC, etc...), and so on.

-Removable internal storage in the form of a removable MicroSD Express card, along with 2 slots for extra "external" MicroSD cards.

-A read-only emergency recovery chip containing the stock ROM, the contents of which could be flashed to a replaced internal SD card through the BIOS setup menu. This would be backup if the users wants a quick fix after messing with custom ROMs and such. The same chip would also contain source code for the entire stock ROM, along with the necessary proprietary drivers is binary format.

-A removable display should the user want to replace/upgrade it for any reason, be it with an OEM screen or a compatible 3rd party one. The default one would be a 6 inch 3840x2160 IGZO IPS LCD (not AMOLED as this is a phone designed to last).

-Some kind of standardized form factor removable lithium-ion battery. 18650 batteries come to mind, but they are way too thick.

- SoC:
CPU: 4x Cortex A55 2.8GHz + 4x Cortex A77 3.8GHz
GPU: Some kind of OpenGL ES and Vulkan compatible, 2500GFlops FP32 performance, uses external dedicated VRAM
High-Performance DSP and ISP, at least 2 to 3 times faster than those in the current latest Snapdragon chip
No thermal throttling, cooled with 5 watt peltier element (the heat from which is then further distributed using a vapor-chamber heatpipe)

-Camera: Single 108MPx camera with all the best tech you can put in a phone camera, 4x optical zoom, OIS and autofocus, etc...

-Support for both regular Qi wireless charging and Samsung Fast Wireless Charging (both the old version and 2.0)

-Headphone jack

- 2x USB-C for double charging power, 5V/2A per port for normal USB charging (regardless of charger coding), 5V/3A per port for USB-PD, QC4.0 with full backwards compatibility on both ports

-2G/3G/4G/5G

-up to gigabit 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi

-IRDA transceiver (don't even ask why)

-32GB RAM (LPDDR5), 8GB GDDR5 VRAM

-Easy-access BIOS config reset button next to the battery, should attempted overclocking go wrong....

- The stock ROM would be LineageOS with a few device specific modifications like camera software, pre-loaded Brave browser and X-Plore file manager, pre-rooted, lots of included tech-themed nerdy wallpapers, etc...

-NO GRIP DETECTOR

-Hardware "stealth-mode" anti-tracking switch that directly cuts power to the radios (Cellular, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth) and cameras.

-Beige exterior like old computers, made of tough shockproof composite

-Splash/rain proof, can withstand minor water dunks (i.e. drop in bathtub)

-Excellent support from XDA's community

-Drop resistance of some kind

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
JESUS!!

If you find it, please, just ask no questions, take my money an order two for me, express shipping! And, please, make note of the store address, because I would eat to go there, since it would be literally a heaven!

Yeah, you just described the perfect geek-phone for me, as well. Just wondering the tons of real fun I would have with it. Lots, lots of REAL fun!

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've always wanted a modern device that gave you all the choice you want. Something that would be well supported by XDA for many years, have futureproof hardware, and much more. I am so tired of the trend of devices becoming so locked down that I constantly dream of an unlocked "perfect" device, like a modernized HTC HD2 on extreme steroids.

- UEFI BIOS (like on UEFI based PCs), without the cursed secure boot. The setup menu would have built-in TWRP-compatible recovery functionality, all the possible tweaking options (custom CPU/GPU clock and voltage tables with a safety limit on the voltage, custom DRAM clock settings, manual/automatic cooling settings, custom power limit settings and so on), ability to boot into any custom recovery from any available storage medium, view all nitty-gritty system parameters (temperatures, current clocks, power consumption of various components, on the level of HWInfo on the PC), to view detailed battery and power info (cycle count, voltage, internal resistance, current vs design capacity, discharge/charge current on the battery, voltage and current at the USB port or wireless charging receiver coil and output of the wireless charging circuitry, voltages on every power rail of the PMIC, etc...), and so on.

-Removable internal storage in the form of a removable MicroSD Express card, along with 2 slots for extra "external" MicroSD cards.

-A read-only emergency recovery chip containing the stock ROM, the contents of which could be flashed to a replaced internal SD card through the BIOS setup menu. This would be backup if the users wants a quick fix after messing with custom ROMs and such. The same chip would also contain source code for the entire stock ROM, along with the necessary proprietary drivers is binary format.

-A removable display should the user want to replace/upgrade it for any reason, be it with an OEM screen or a compatible 3rd party one. The default one would be a 6 inch 3840x2160 IGZO IPS LCD (not AMOLED as this is a phone designed to last).

-Some kind of standardized form factor removable lithium-ion battery. 18650 batteries come to mind, but they are way too thick.

- SoC:
CPU: 4x Cortex A55 2.8GHz + 4x Cortex A77 3.8GHz
GPU: Some kind of OpenGL ES and Vulkan compatible, 2500GFlops FP32 performance, uses external dedicated VRAM
High-Performance DSP and ISP, at least 2 to 3 times faster than those in the current latest Snapdragon chip
No thermal throttling, cooled with 5 watt peltier element (the heat from which is then further distributed using a vapor-chamber heatpipe)

-Camera: Single 108MPx camera with all the best tech you can put in a phone camera, 4x optical zoom, OIS and autofocus, etc...

-Support for both regular Qi wireless charging and Samsung Fast Wireless Charging (both the old version and 2.0)

-Headphone jack

- 2x USB-C for double charging power, 5V/2A per port for normal USB charging (regardless of charger coding), 5V/3A per port for USB-PD, QC4.0 with full backwards compatibility on both ports

-2G/3G/4G/5G

-up to gigabit 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi

-IRDA transceiver (don't even ask why)

-32GB RAM (LPDDR5), 8GB GDDR5 VRAM

-Easy-access BIOS config reset button next to the battery, should attempted overclocking go wrong....

- The stock ROM would be LineageOS with a few device specific modifications like camera software, pre-loaded Brave browser and X-Plore file manager, pre-rooted, lots of included tech-themed nerdy wallpapers, etc...

-NO GRIP DETECTOR

-Hardware "stealth-mode" anti-tracking switch that directly cuts power to the radios (Cellular, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth) and cameras.

-Beige exterior like old computers, made of tough shockproof composite

-Splash/rain proof, can withstand minor water dunks (i.e. drop in bathtub)

-Excellent support from XDA's community

-Drop resistance of some kind

Why not crowdsource and use an outsource contractor to manufacture?