best sports score app

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using sportstap, but I miss Score on the BB. It'll do for now, not sure about when the NFL rolls into town. I heard that the NFL mobile from VZW was gonna be a pay service.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm using sportstap, but I miss Score on the BB. It'll do for now, not sure about when the NFL rolls into town. I heard that the NFL mobile from VZW was gonna be a pay service.

Its free this season, but will be a pay service in the future

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Ehh... SportsTap felt like it drained my battery too quick. Scoreboard may not be as fully featured, but it at least doesn't kill my battery (even with a similar refresh interval).

Kendustin

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I was using Sportstap but it was a complete crap and slow to use so I switched to Sportacular and it’s been fabulous and cool so far and really easy to use. It has also got many new features on updates.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
good luck finding a good one. not one worth while so far. sport tap cant even get the scores right sometimes, let alone box scores.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
one thing i noticed about sportstap is it wants to keep running in the background. I don't want it to, I don't need it to.

Even if I manage apllications and stop it, it opens itself back up and runs in the background. I checked all settings and have turned off favorite teams, and any notifications.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
After Scoreboard stopped giving me notifications, I tried out Score Mobile and ESPN Score Center. Score Mobile is damn good. Just wish it did notifications to warn me when a Mets game is about to start. I'm really forgetful.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Uhh... yeah... I don't see that anywhere. I see a button to add ONE GAME to my calendar. But I want EVERY Mets game to give me a notification, without me having to do anything. Because odds are, I'll forget to do anything.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I used to be a SportsTap diehard, but have switched to ESPN ScoreCenter. I have loved their World Cup coverage. I'll have to wait and see on football. Not a big baseball fan, so haven't had a chance to evaluate outside of the World Cup. Coverage of that has been great, fast, and accurate, though.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I tried sportstap, but deleted immediately. Battery
life was horrendous after installing this app.

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
+1 for espn scorecenter. What lacks in notification is made up for in instant score updates on the widget. Very minimal battery use!

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
+1 for espn scorecenter. What lacks in notification is made up for in instant score updates on the widget. Very minimal battery use!

that is true but its nice sometimes not to have to pick up the phone and check scores. ESPN on the iphone has game starts, score changes and finals, as well as updates ever so often (quarters, halfs, 3 innings, etc.) I just hope they make the android version as featured with updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair