43 12
tools
    Wanna stay up on my baseball and football scores what's best free app
    05-07-2010 06:20 PM
    Sportstap is pretty good.
    05-07-2010 06:22 PM
    I second sports tap. Better than live scores imo
    05-07-2010 06:48 PM
    I'm using sportstap, but I miss Score on the BB. It'll do for now, not sure about when the NFL rolls into town. I heard that the NFL mobile from VZW was gonna be a pay service.
    05-07-2010 08:50 PM
    I'm using sportstap, but I miss Score on the BB. It'll do for now, not sure about when the NFL rolls into town. I heard that the NFL mobile from VZW was gonna be a pay service.
    Its free this season, but will be a pay service in the future
    05-07-2010 09:12 PM
    Ehh... SportsTap felt like it drained my battery too quick. Scoreboard may not be as fully featured, but it at least doesn't kill my battery (even with a similar refresh interval).
    05-07-2010 10:24 PM
    I was using Sportstap but it was a complete crap and slow to use so I switched to Sportacular and it’s been fabulous and cool so far and really easy to use. It has also got many new features on updates.
    05-08-2010 02:00 AM
    good luck finding a good one. not one worth while so far. sport tap cant even get the scores right sometimes, let alone box scores.
    05-08-2010 02:53 AM
    Ive been using Live Scores, it gets the job done but that's about it
    05-10-2010 08:12 AM
    one thing i noticed about sportstap is it wants to keep running in the background. I don't want it to, I don't need it to.

Even if I manage apllications and stop it, it opens itself back up and runs in the background. I checked all settings and have turned off favorite teams, and any notifications.
    06-27-2010 12:42 PM
    score mobile is good on android. so is espns sportcenter
    06-27-2010 01:08 PM
    sportstap and espn are good
    06-27-2010 03:31 PM
    Score Mobile is by far the best i've come across on both Blackberry and Android.
    06-27-2010 03:46 PM
    After Scoreboard stopped giving me notifications, I tried out Score Mobile and ESPN Score Center. Score Mobile is damn good. Just wish it did notifications to warn me when a Mets game is about to start. I'm really forgetful.
    06-27-2010 04:03 PM
    You can link score mobile with your calender. You can then set your notifications in your calender.
    06-27-2010 05:00 PM
    Uhh... yeah... I don't see that anywhere. I see a button to add ONE GAME to my calendar. But I want EVERY Mets game to give me a notification, without me having to do anything. Because odds are, I'll forget to do anything.
    06-27-2010 07:45 PM
    I used to be a SportsTap diehard, but have switched to ESPN ScoreCenter. I have loved their World Cup coverage. I'll have to wait and see on football. Not a big baseball fan, so haven't had a chance to evaluate outside of the World Cup. Coverage of that has been great, fast, and accurate, though.
    06-27-2010 09:13 PM
    I tried sportstap, but deleted immediately. Battery
    life was horrendous after installing this app.
    06-28-2010 12:30 AM
    +1 for espn scorecenter. What lacks in notification is made up for in instant score updates on the widget. Very minimal battery use!
    06-28-2010 06:55 AM
    +1 for espn scorecenter. What lacks in notification is made up for in instant score updates on the widget. Very minimal battery use!
    that is true but its nice sometimes not to have to pick up the phone and check scores. ESPN on the iphone has game starts, score changes and finals, as well as updates ever so often (quarters, halfs, 3 innings, etc.) I just hope they make the android version as featured with updates.
    06-28-2010 08:30 AM
    I used to be a SportsTap diehard, but have switched to ESPN ScoreCenter. I have loved their World Cup coverage. I'll have to wait and see on football. Not a big baseball fan, so haven't had a chance to evaluate outside of the World Cup. Coverage of that has been great, fast, and accurate, though.
    Loving scorecenter as well. I would really like to see them develop a widget that scrolled like their bottomline does on all their stations with the top news.
    06-28-2010 05:51 PM
    ESPN score center is a nice looking app, but the one major downfall is that it has no settings for specifying update interval. I have noticed several times when I have no apps actively open, that my 3g connection is on steady. When I go into System Panel it is ScoreCenter working away consuming data and cpu.
    I find this frustrating as I personally do not need up to the minute score data 24 hours per day.
    06-30-2010 11:44 AM
    ESPN score center is a nice looking app, but the one major downfall is that it has no settings for specifying update interval. I have noticed several times when I have no apps actively open, that my 3g connection is on steady. When I go into System Panel it is ScoreCenter working away consuming data and cpu.
    I find this frustrating as I personally do not need up to the minute score data 24 hours per day.
    I believe its only checking every 5min when the display is ON, not 24 hours a day.
    06-30-2010 03:02 PM
    That is the main issue I have with the Android
    version. It's mind boggling to me that Android
    has the best notification system (IMHO) and
    doesn't have that part covered.

I love how I set the app up on my iPhone where
    it gives me every score update for the Yankees,
    every 3 innings for the mets as well as start and
    end game stats for both teams.
    06-30-2010 04:10 PM
    My 2.5 cents...Here are my griefs with each...

ESPN App - The next morning, it defaults to the next game and doesnt show the scores from the night before. Kinda annoying that you cant just flip it open and see if your team won last night, but when it does show the score, it shows the next game right there on the widget. No notifications afaik too, kinda sucks.

Tap Scores - Seems to be behind on live scores and it scrolls to the next game so to see you have to scroll back. kinda annoying. But it only shows your fav the teams that have active scores (see scoreboard)

Scoreboard - Seems to be sporadic in its updates like tap scores (sometimes the notification and widget arent even the same!) and it shows all the teams you have listed even when there are no games so you have a lot of empty spots. Plus when its showing a score, it only says "Now: score." It doesnt say what inning/period so you have no idea where the game is.

What Id like, show the score the next morning, show the next game and dont show teams that arent in season all with simple notificaitons! seems so simple, wish I could combine them all.
    07-20-2010 09:25 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD