reason to NOT buy from GAMELOFT

solar

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Got a new shiny phone? bought GAMELOFT games in the past and can't wait to try it out on your new, faster phone? Here is what GAMELOFT has to say about that:

---------------------------------------

Hello!

Unfortunately, you can not get the games back on your new phone. According to Gameloft policy if you buy a game, you can re-download it to the same phone with the same phone number within 3 years of your purchase. If the phone model or number was changed by the customer's own initiative, Gameloft has the right to refuse re-sending the game.

You can not re-download or transfer games which you bought on your old phone (model 1) to the new phone (model 2), because we produce each game-build for one particular phone to ensure the best quality and to prevent piracy. If you want to have games on your new phone, I'm afraid you will have to buy them again.

Sorry for the inconveniences. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
-------------------------------
Deepesh Mohan
Customer Care Agent
Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones | Gameloft

TylerYork

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that this isn't an issue they have no control over? They don't know if you're using an old account on a friends phone to get him a free game, etc. Just my 2c

solar

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that this isn't an issue they have no control over? They don't know if you're using an old account on a friends phone to get him a free game, etc. Just my 2c

There are always struggles with piracy when it comes to games. But most companies have found a more efficient way to do it that doesn't place the burden on the customer. When a company goes so far to protect their IP that it's detrimental to the customer, its a bad policy. Hundreds of other game companies have found fair ways to protect their profit and the customers purchases. In this case, Gameloft has an easy one: use the Android Market. Instead they choose to have a policy that lets them charge the customer again and again for the same software.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Got a new shiny phone? bought GAMELOFT games in the past and can't wait to try it out on your new, faster phone? Here is what GAMELOFT has to say about that:

---------------------------------------

Hello!

Unfortunately, you can not get the games back on your new phone. According to Gameloft policy if you buy a game, you can re-download it to the same phone with the same phone number within 3 years of your purchase. If the phone model or number was changed by the customer's own initiative, Gameloft has the right to refuse re-sending the game.

You can not re-download or transfer games which you bought on your old phone (model 1) to the new phone (model 2), because we produce each game-build for one particular phone to ensure the best quality and to prevent piracy. If you want to have games on your new phone, I'm afraid you will have to buy them again.

Sorry for the inconveniences. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Deepesh Mohan
Customer Care Agent
Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones | Gameloft

How LAME!! This is the reason why I won't buy from them...greedy morons!

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty