So, um, what's the point of this game?

I've checked out some videos on YouTube, and this is what I've gotten from them:

1. I need to build a shelter because at night, zombies and other baddies come out and try and kill me; or something like that.

Other than that, what else do I do in the game? It seems like in the PC version, you can make tools and weapons, but even then, I still don't know what the point is.

Is there anyone who can shed some light on this game? Maybe point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
    10-09-2011 09:58 AM
    I am big fan of Minecraft for the computer. The Android version to me at least, is nothing more than a proof of concept. Right now you have to remember the game is very early in development. I wouldn't pay $7 for it but the demo is sometimes fun to walk around in. I don't know if it will ever be a great game on the mobile platform but die hard Minecraft fans will flock to it.
    mightyfacundo likes this.
    10-09-2011 10:55 AM
    Minecraft on the PC requires you to build shelter and tools to stay alive, However in the Pocket Edition, it's just simply placing blocks and building things.
    mightyfacundo likes this.
    10-09-2011 11:13 AM
    Alright, thanks guys. I thought I was missing something. Appreciate you clearing that up for me.
    10-09-2011 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD