OnLive Video Game Streaming App Now Available!

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Like the title says, the OnLive Streaming App for Android is now available in the Android Market!

OnLive is a cloud based gaming service, and now you can enjoy some of OnLives Cloud Games from your Android 2.3 or above phone or tablet!

Note: You may not be able to find in public market (or at least I couldn't, I had to use a link in an email that OnLive sent me). Will post market link soon.

Edit1: Market link app if you can't find by searching market: https://market.android.com/details?...blet+Launch&utm_source=iPost&utm_medium=email

Edit2: You will also get a free copy of Lego: Batman within 24 hours of sign in on the phone/tablet.

Last edited:

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Works fine on my T-bolt, as long as I'm getting good data speeds. Can't connect my OnLive controller to it though :( Is this a Sense problem? Looking forward to play Arkham City on the go, on my Galaxy Nexus :)

Reactions: sep2006

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Works fine on my T-bolt, as long as I'm getting good data speeds. Can't connect my OnLive controller to it though :( Is this a Sense problem? Looking forward to play Arkham City on the go, on my Galaxy Nexus :)

I do not know if this is a Sense problem. I do not have a controller to test, as I use it with my PC only (And as of now Atrix 2). Hoping it will be compatible with 3rd party controllers as well as 1st party. Can't wait to start playing my other games in my library on the go though! :D

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I did some research and I found that OnLive released a new version of the controller very recently that is able to connect to mobile devices along with the Micro Console and computers. Maybe you have the older version controller?

Reactions: wes008

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I did some research and I found that OnLive released a new version of the controller very recently that is able to connect to mobile devices along with the Micro Console and computers. Maybe you have the older version controller?

Oops I lied, Controller not yet available. Controller available for purchase on Friday, December 9th

Reactions: wes008

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
There have been some issues with the blacks changing to pinks on some certain devices, OnLive is working on a fix as we speak.

Yeah, I thought it might be just a bug that needs fixing. I wonder why they listed the app under the compatibility list when it doesnt work right yet though. Cant wait for the fix.

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Oh yeah, I have the one that came with the Micro Console. Guess I need to plunk down some dough to play on the road :( This is so fantastic though, as long as the controller isn't overpriced I'll do it.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knew...when you are in the app, is there a close or exit button? I found that the only way to exit is to press the home button but then it says in the notification bar that it is "paused." Does this mean its still running in the background or is it actually closed?

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knew...when you are in the app, is there a close or exit button? I found that the only way to exit is to press the home button but then it says in the notification bar that it is "paused." Does this mean its still running in the background or is it actually closed?

Go to the menu (I think you can hit back to initiate). Scroll left and right until you find an, "Exit Onlive," option. Just pressing home freezes it.

Reactions: sep2006

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, I have the one that came with the Micro Console. Guess I need to plunk down some dough to play on the road :( This is so fantastic though, as long as the controller isn't overpriced I'll do it.

At $49.99 (i think thats the price) its over priced IMO. I think it should be at most $39.99, but other then that, this is very fantastic!

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site

As Wes said, if you are not in game press the back button until a menu pops up, one of the options is "exit onlive" click that and then click it again when the next pop up shows up.

alternitively you can press the onlive icon mid game and the same menu should pop up.

You can also wait 10-15 minutes and it will automatically disconnect.

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the controller :p I hope it'll be worth it. I think if I had a tablet it would be, but the client drains my T-bolt's battery too much :(

sep2006

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the controller :p I hope it'll be worth it. I think if I had a tablet it would be, but the client drains my T-bolt's battery too much :(

It doesn't drain my phones battery too badly, but I have an Atrix 2 and it doesn't have LTE, so that's a factor...

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't drain my phones battery too badly, but I have an Atrix 2 and it doesn't have LTE, so that's a factor...

Yeah... playing over WiFi doesn't drain the battery for me, but my home WiFi is fairly slow. Playing over LTE is flawless, zero noticeable lag (although technically it's still present). I really should stay on WiFi, but... It's sooooooooo tempting to play on 4G :p I'll just buy a spare battery for my GNex.

Oh yeah, what's your gamertag or username or whatever OnLive calls it?

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Gamestop and Chevy are teaming up with OnLive to offer a free month of PlayPack membership. All you need to do is be a registered Gamestop user (free) and enter your code on the link that Gamestop provides. The PlayPack features over 100 games, quite a few of which are touch-enabled.

Also, onlivefans.com is a good resource for OnLive news, should you really get into OnLive.