Keeping a game saved from one phone to another

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
So i saw that Final Fantasy III is in the play store. wanted to purchase it, but i am worried that if i ever switch phones i'll lose the data.

For instance, i have an EVO LTE but i might use my wife's upgrade for an SG3 and give her the EVO.

If i start playing it on my EVO LTE and i switch to the SG3 in a few weeks, is there any way to keep the progress?

I know i can use emulators/roms, but this would be good to know for anything i purchase in the play store going forward whether it be FF3 or anything else.

Thanks,

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So i saw that Final Fantasy III is in the play store. wanted to purchase it, but i am worried that if i ever switch phones i'll lose the data.

For instance, i have an EVO LTE but i might use my wife's upgrade for an SG3 and give her the EVO.

If i start playing it on my EVO LTE and i switch to the SG3 in a few weeks, is there any way to keep the progress?

I know i can use emulators/roms, but this would be good to know for anything i purchase in the play store going forward whether it be FF3 or anything else.

Thanks,

There is currently no official method for saving your game progress between devices or to back it up if you need to uninstall the game or wipe you phone. If you're rooted there are ways to backup your game data to your SD card, but that's the only way.

Amazon just announced a new "Game Circle" that allows game progress to be backed-up to their cloud, but it's only for Kindle Fire (for now), and it requires game developers to include that API in the game development. Hopefully Amazon starting this will push Google to create a native solution.

Reactions: zeravla531

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
There is currently no official method for saving your game progress between devices or to back it up if you need to uninstall the game or wipe you phone. If you're rooted there are ways to backup your game data to your SD card, but that's the only way.

Amazon just announced a new "Game Circle" that allows game progress to be backed-up to their cloud, but it's only for Kindle Fire (for now), and it requires game developers to include that API in the game development. Hopefully Amazon starting this will push Google to create a native solution.

Hopefully so, saving to the cloud would save me a huge headache. That would be a phenomenal solution. I change my phone once or twice a year, and I hate losing progress, even when it's something silly like starting all over again in Cut the Rope. But not only that, i use my Xoom and wish there was a solution where I can play the game on my phone and pick up where I left off on my tablet like i can when i use my Kindle app.

Well i guess i can root, but I hate that i have to spend the time to do that.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.