You see? 'Dead Trigger' now free on Android due to 'unbelievably high' piracy rate | The Verge

*hmm wasn't going to try this game as FPS on a phone just seems a bit silly (and those onscreen controls ..) and I wasn't sure it would run on my aging (yet ICS running overclocked) Fascinate, but it runs nice. I think I could have some fun with this - I think to restore the Android users rep I hope everyone who pirated will buy at least a $1 worth of in-app stuff. I just might do that myself if I end up getting into it.
    07-23-2012 10:08 AM
    downloaded it to try after it became free and it's actually a pretty good title, graphics- and controls-wise. But it's only about shooting and killing zombies, hardly any substantial plot or anything. anyway, it seems highly unfortunate that they have had to do that after "facing heavy piracy", although i can't shake the feeling that they did this just as a marketing ploy to get more people to download it and spend on in-app payments instead.
    07-24-2012 05:07 AM
    So do I get my dollar back for not being a pirate?
    07-24-2012 10:26 AM
    And I paid for it, and after the last update it does not even open. Awesome.
    07-24-2012 10:29 AM
    Good news for people who purchased Dead Trigger:

Attachment 32975

Author of NoobTech:
    http://wp.me/2uu9r
    07-31-2012 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD