I had an iPhone previously with Civilization Revolution and Tower Madness. I had actually received both free about the time I started playing game apps on the iPhone. I liked both and was wondering if there are similar games in Google Play? I've seen some of the tower defense games and tried a few but really liked tower madness.

I've scrolled through Google Play blindly trying to find a good "fit" but would like to see if anyone out here has some suggestions for a game that'll keep me interested. I actually still have my old iPhone and will occasionally boot it up just to get a quick game of Madness in although trying to play Civilization take much more than a quick game and sometimes if I wait too long I forget exactly what it was I was doing in the game
    07-28-2012 04:20 PM
    A few tower games that I like:
    Hex Defense - a quick in and out tower defense, cool retro graphics
    Jelly Defense - fun goofy defense game
    Anamoly: Warzone Earth - "reverse" tower defense, where you try to get through the towers. There's still upgrading units and you can choose your paths.

Civ games? Thats one of the few areas where Android is lacking. No official Civ games. There is a FreeCiv port that plays just like Civ2, but it is in beta, not a lot of polish. There are a few Risk clones that are good for in&out gaming, like DRisk. Age of Conquest is somewhat of a lite civ game on a Risk-type map. I'd check that out for some strategy. UniWar is also good, but its more like turn-based Starcraft.

Hope that helps. Those are a few games that have been around for awhile, but I still play them.
    07-30-2012 02:45 PM
    I just want to point out that I tried freeciv on my nexus 7....the super hast small tablet and freeciv was cludgy and slow not even into the second move. I suspect, like the freeciv on PC, it will never get up to par with expectations; but it is free.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-2012 06:41 PM
    Thanks for the responses - I'll have to give the games a try and see if they "stick"
    08-03-2012 03:55 PM