A port of the popular visual novel engine, ONScripter, has been released for Android along with its source code for you developers out there.

Now this market is not up in the market yet but it is one the developers home page and can be downloaded here or here. (Source Code)

Models have been reported to work:
    • HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
    • Nexus One (Android 2.2)
    • Xperia (Android 1.6)
    • IS01 (Android 1.6)
    • Emulator (Android 2.2, Android 1.6)
    • Droid (Android 2.1, Android 2.2)

(Now Just Because Your Model is Not Listed Does Not Mean It Will Not Work)

Controls:

How To Install Games:
    Download Some Freeware Ones From Here. ( I reccomend trying out Narciss)

Game Files (nscript.dat, arc.nsa, default.ttf etc.), jusy below the SD card first creates a directory named ons (eg / sdcard / ons), for each game below that directory (the name is any) to create (eg / sdcard/ons/game1) Please put in it. ONScripter can choose when you start the game. Archive (arc.nsa) and change the resolution, please do not copy the original file intact. Font, for example,IPA fontsfor P and I recommend viewing the Gothic.

Additional Info:
    • The game screen resolution is automatically adjusted to fit the display resolution. The color depth is converted to 16bit internally.
    • Running in the background rendering, so the screen is locked, even if you do not progress to the AUTO mode. Music is played.
    • Pressing the power button while ONScripter in the foreground, onDestroy () is called for by issuing ONScripter SDL_QUIT ends. HOME while running in the background by pressing the button, press the power button but the process will continue.
    • Off to the right margin on the game screen display (black areas), if there is a software button is placed in the table above.
    • Play has been disabled.

Video Demo:

Developers Home Page: (Note it is all in Japanese)
    ONScripter on Android Υڡ

NOTE: A lot of this info has been translated and pasted into this thread for ease of use.
    07-12-2010 08:07 PM
    How do you install these games exactly.
    When I went to the download section of narcissu.insani.org, it has an win32 binary, osx, linux86 and the japanese ones. Also a onscripter source.
    What am I suppose to do to install?
    Quick tutorial please!
    07-20-2010 02:57 PM
    How do you install these games exactly.
    When I went to the download section of narcissu.insani.org, it has an win32 binary, osx, linux86 and the japanese ones. Also a onscripter source.
    What am I suppose to do to install?
    Quick tutorial please!
    I really want to know that too.
    06-10-2011 08:47 AM
    hmm... it's just me or my text ingame was messed up??? I use engrish patch for my FSN and the text was... unreadable...

@Two username above me,
    first, install to your computer, if your OS was Linux-based, install from linux86. If your Computer was Windows-based, install win32 binary...
    second, install apk file..(You know what is this, don't you?)
    third, copy all these fresh installed to your onscripter folder eg.(eg /sdcard/ons/Insani) if you dont have the ONS Folder, just create a new ones...
    finally, just run ONscripter from the menu and choose the game.. if you want to play another VN, just redo the step and vice-versa...
    hope this'll work on you all.

Oh, and this is the latest one i use right from the official web:
    http://onscripter.sourceforge.jp/and...0619-debug.apk
    http://onscripter.sourceforge.jp/and...byte-debug.apk
    install from your File Manager like Astro...

*EDIT*
    The first game that was using ONScripter from android-based is Noesis (too bad it wasn't Engrish).
    You can free download from the market, this is the link:https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.cutlass.noesis
    08-09-2011 10:44 AM
    How can you actually make it so the text is readable? Its confusing...
    09-06-2011 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD