Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Ingress is a new game made by Google. Problem is its invite only. If anyone has an invite and has played please let me know how it is. It looks pretty badass.

Sent from a stock Atrix 2 cause there's no reason to root it. :)

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If I had one to give I'd gladly share. I think invites are only from Google at the moment. I wish they would make an open beta or even a 60 minute demo or something.

colortheorydeveloper

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So far its a little odd.
The concept in itself is pretty interesting. Although the data that show up on the locational services is different depending on whether I am using my Nexus7 tablet or my HTC Thunderbolt phone.
You need a data connection to report properly and actually see elements on the map properly. So tablets really won't work for this type of thing at the moment, unless they update it later on.
It is typical that in most rural areas there are no portals close by...and there is no way I know to search out where the closest is. You have to explore. But typical posts on the chat channels seem to indicate they are on standard buildings occassionally like post offices, libraries and tourist spots. The intro gives you an idea what you have to do, but I haven't found a use in my rural area where there is an actual portal to activate/hack. I'll be giving it another shot, but right now all I can do is drive around with my HTC Thunderbolt and collect energy. Of course, the Nexus7 sees a lot more energy when I load it up on the screen from wifi in the room around me. Not sure why the differences, but I can't use that one.

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there any trickery to getting an invite? I've been trying for a week. :(

So looking forward to playing. The trailer makes it look like straight awesomeness.