If android want to compete with the iphone and ipad we all know the only thing we need is apps. Android has got everything else.
    For instance the gaming. The ipad has recently got HD gaming, i was just wondering if it was possible for the dell streak to have hd gaming.
    Or even if it was possible to play those amazing 3D games on the dell streak
    e.g. Sims 3, Assassins Creed, Avatar, dungeon hunter, heroes of Sparta, NOVA etc.

So what do you think could the dell streak handle these?
    07-17-2010 06:07 AM
    Give some time to android platform.. It will receive soon HD gaming and everything.
    07-17-2010 06:19 AM
    i havent seen any of the gameloft, glu games or ea games on any android device except the motorola droid.
    But the only android device i wan't in the streak, so was wondering if it is possible to get them on the streak.
    07-17-2010 07:05 AM
    i havent seen any of the gameloft, glu games or ea games on any android device except the motorola droid.
    But the only android device i wan't in the streak, so was wondering if it is possible to get them on the streak.
    may be.. gameloft should have given support for it.
    07-17-2010 07:15 AM
    so does the dell streak have the capability to play them?
    07-17-2010 07:39 AM
    Yeah.

Search youtube for "dell streak gaming".
    07-17-2010 09:28 AM
    Gameloft do not use the Android Market but you can download their games from their own website. Might be worth reading this The Gameloft Conspiracy: Why are the best Android games not found on the Android Market? – Android and Me on Android and Me before you load them from there though. Personally I think they need to front up and put them on the Market already.

Either way, I will not be adding a lot of large games to my device until I have Froyo and then I will only load those that will allow me to put them on the sd.
    07-17-2010 11:16 AM
    They offer HD gaming for the Evo. You can get Heros of Sparta, Nova, etc. Recently they gave away Let's Golf for free. Works great on my Evo.
    07-17-2010 12:07 PM
    so would u beable to install the HD 3D games (the ones listed in ipad) seeing as the ipad and dell streak are very similar devices. Playing those sort of games would be amazing on both devices.
    07-17-2010 12:12 PM
    You can install the ones for the android platform. Not all their games have been ported yet. Also, the games arent really optimized yet for the snapdragon processor and I imagine that once they are they will run even better. Although, they run fine now.

Another thing to consider is that the streak only has android 1.6 (update supposedly coming in September) and doesnt support multitouch. A game like modern combat sandstorm needs multitouch to function properly imo.

Ipad has a MUCH larger screen than the streak btw. But the streak fits nicely in my pocket.
    eyesparky likes this.
    07-17-2010 12:27 PM
    Gameloft currently do these from their website:

Modern Combat: Sandstorm
    Let’s Golf!
    Hero of Sparta
    Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X
    Real Soccer 2010
    Dungeon Hunter
    Asphalt 5
    Ganstar: West Coast Hustle
    Assassin’s Creed – Altair’s Chronicles
    N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
    UNO

Hopefully game developers will get their act together and appear on the Market. They will also be porting more games over time. Who knows, there may be some developer out there tinkering away on the next great hit game who is coding for Android natively. Things are moving quickly.
    07-17-2010 12:35 PM
    I started a thread about gameloft games which are HD a while back so we might share our experiences about the games on offer http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...e-reviews.html check it out if you have perchased one let us know what you think.
    eyesparky likes this.
    07-17-2010 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD