Here is what you do when you start playing Ingress!

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the beginner tips as well. I'm just starting to play, and I've done all the training, but was still confused. This gives me a good place to start from. Thanks!

Kadin

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks OP for this thread! Just got the invite today and it seems a tad overwhelming. Good friend of mine pointed me here and looks like this will be a good resource for me. Can't wait to dig in!

Jon Showell

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Im having trouble in training mode I don't know how to complete the portal hack. I set the target then go to it hit hack it says a acquired an item but it never says completed training. Am I missing something?

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
/push

Good post @Uribam. Problem is, when you are Lvl 1 and all the Portals are owned by Lvl 6 to 8, you will never be able to capture one. Therefore you will never be able to gain proper experience points. There are not so many portals here, and most of the portals in my area are owned by my faction. I could hack them,which gives me items, but no experience. Attacking the few portals of the other factions does 1% damage if anything at all. So I would have to run around my city for months to gain enough XP-Busters to do any kind of significant damage ...
This is not so funny, as a game. I do have a life and can't run around my city for hours a time ...

It is pretty well stated that its not easy to start playing early on. I have been playing since early November but due to a lack of portals and ability to get safely from the place I was staying 15 miles out of town, a stay at home mother of a 2 yr old boy, and just generally unpleasant weather I just last week hit level 4 and that is with a move in December that put me in a better location. I managed to get to level two before the move and three in about January. Walking the total of 10 miles while 7 months pregnant when you are having complications is even more challenging. So please whine about not having time or wanting to walk all you want it is an easy 100 ap per hack of an enemy portal which even if you can't take it out by yourself doesn't mean you can't do anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

weasel5i2

May 3, 2013
Visit site
There's a couple of third-party apps on the Play Store which take a wake-lock during scanner usage. I use one called "Ingress Wakelock" personally. Hope this helps! Maybe in a future version they will upgrade the scanner with a wake lock feature..

--w5i2

chrisdf

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, i just started playing a few weeks ago. I have a question, what happens if i switch to a new phone? Can i still log on to my Ingress account on the new phone & continue playing where i left off?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, i just started playing a few weeks ago. I have a question, what happens if i switch to a new phone? Can i still log on to my Ingress account on the new phone & continue playing where i left off?

Yes. This is exactly how it works. You don't need to do anything.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Kenzog75

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Just a question, i've looked at other forums and no help, i've even emailed Ingress abutt eh bug and nothing. Maybe you have an answer? When i try to type in the Passcode the screen locks up and boots me. do you know of a fix? (samsung galaxy 3)

XxShutterflyxX

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
True!
It does take a lot of time when you are starting out and A: you are engulfed by enemy territory or B: Everyone around you it seems it lvl 6 or higer.
However, with a little perseverance, you CAN take down portals with high levels! IVE DONE IT AS A LVL2!!!

All you need to do is HACK, HACK, HACK. From your own or even enemy. You will be farming a LOT of weapons and using them just as quickly as you get them.
The best advise i can say for getting those points, take one down at a time. Focus on ONE portal a day. Make it your MISSION to take it down!

I did this and i have JUST reached a lvl 4 in 2 days. Hack, attack, run away. Did that about 3x yesterday and the day before. NOT BAD if i do say so myself! :D

ViscountGrey

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I know this is bumping an old thread, but this was a great help to me! Just started out and looking for pointers, and this was great!

On the downside there are only 3 portals in my home town.... on the plus side, one was claimed by my faction and the other two WERE unclaimed..... and there are plenty of monuments I will be using to create new portals!

Right outside my office is a (compared to me!) high level (6) opposing faction portal.... have hacked a load of weapons off it already, so hopefully in a day or two I will be better placed to launch an attack!

ixoyecarag

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Thnx so much. we just started playing 4 days ago, and this is definitely a great tactical tutorial for leveling up & learning the skills for the battle field. The more sweat in training, the less blood on the floor, ya.
So again, Thnx.

Curtis Shannon

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I would like to make another point here. It's been a while since this thread has been bumped and I don't know if this information even applied back then. Hacking and Attacking are more complicated than just tapping their respective buttons.

If you hold the Hack button in the portal menu, you'll be taken to the Glyph hack screen. Match the patterns they give you in the order they give to you and you'll be rewarded with bonus items. It takes a while to get used to, but I'm getting better at it. The glyphs get more difficult the higher the level of the portal you're hacking.

While you're attacking, keep an eye on the visual charging effect you see when you hold the attack button down. That's right, hold the button down. You'll see a ring close in on your position marker. If you release the attack button while that ring is closed on top of your marker, you can get a 20% attack bonus (you'll know if you did it right.) Doing this will save you a LOT of XMPs.

My brother showed me the glyph hack when we were level 3s,Ii figured out the bonus attack on my own and thought I would share.

Hidden Substruct

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I just spend 28 to get alpha access in amazing game Ingressions on kickstarter project. This is real time military strategy like a “WarCraft”, “StarCraft” or “Red Alert”, also on a real world map like Ingress. Look at that. So cool! I can't post links but this is dream you can find on Kickstarter - Ingressions.

Elvis Bektasha

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Very helpful post but you are forgetting the mos important thing, IT IS A GAME, KEEP IT A GAME. i see so much people wondering, spending gas, external battery etc etc for this game and this is not good.
Cheers VIVA LA RESISTANCE

Omegalo

May 26, 2015
Visit site
ok I have seen a lot of people talk about driving but when i drive it doesn't seam to grab the XMs do i need to sit still for so long or is there another trick i missed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781