I've read there are several, but we are going to be new not only to android phones, and the geocaching hobby as well.

Any Geocachers here that can steer us in the right direction?
    07-18-2010 10:49 AM
    Great hobby! For a new cacher I think going with geocaching.com is the way to go since they are the biggest and best site. . . the iPhone app works pretty well, haven't tried the android app on my Incredible but since the GPS is much better, it should locate better than the iPhone. . . and I would still use a portable GPS unit that shows coordinates, etc rather than a phone alone. . . good luck. . .
    07-18-2010 11:07 AM
    I like this one. i have not used it a lot, but ratings are high:
    c:geo ~ geocaching for Android - Android app on AppBrain

And it works with geocaching.com
    07-18-2010 11:08 AM
    Thanks for the advice. We'll JUST be using the phones for now. Thats part of how we justified the purchase, using them instead of buying a personal GPS unit.
    07-18-2010 02:35 PM
    C:Geo is good for live searches, but it violates the TOS of Geocaching.com. I'm fairly certain that nobody has been banned from the site for using it though.

Geohunter is another great app. This one uses PQ's that you generate from the web site. It doesn't do live searches like C:Geo does, but it also doesn't require a connection to the internet to get your data, the database is stored on the phone itself. Both apps are free, so why not try out both?
    07-18-2010 02:59 PM