09-07-2010 09:52 PM
72 123
tools
    0pusX likes this.
    08-24-2010 05:48 PM
    At first HuddleHub said it was launching Aug. 30 but now it seems like the app won't launch til September. Has anybody found another fantasy app?
    08-29-2010 08:00 PM
    Wow they did change the date. what a bummer
    08-30-2010 08:26 AM
    Bummer, drafts are finishing up season is getting close and yet we still do not have a fantasy football app....
    08-30-2010 09:08 AM
    I just spoke with customer support, they said that Huddlehub will be released by Friday!
    08-30-2010 02:25 PM
    starting to panic a little bit. One of my top reasons for buying the Captivate was because I thought I would be able to manage my ESPN teams with it. I can see my leagues, but I can't access any of them.
    08-31-2010 10:08 AM
    Yahoo has an official app out for fantasy football. Check the market under yahoo.inc
    08-31-2010 11:21 AM
    Make sure you also let ESPN know there's a demand for an AnroidOS app! I just sent an email from Contact ESPN Customer Care - Free Fantasy Football - ESPN and told them I was interested in one, I suggest everyone here does the same to get the message across...
    09-01-2010 03:35 AM
    starting to panic a little bit. One of my top reasons for buying the Captivate was because I thought I would be able to manage my ESPN teams with it. I can see my leagues, but I can't access any of them.
    I know I have been able to work with mine. Make sure you have the always on option for plugins activated and that you are not on the mobile browser.
    09-01-2010 07:32 AM
    Make sure you also let ESPN know there's a demand for an AnroidOS app! I just sent an email from Contact ESPN Customer Care - Free Fantasy Football - ESPN and told them I was interested in one, I suggest everyone here does the same to get the message across...
    Good idea I've wanted to but never wanted to track down the link. Thanks for the heads up. Definitely doing it.
    09-01-2010 07:41 AM
    Thanks, I emailed them also... I'll post the reply.
    09-01-2010 10:23 AM
    Thanks, I emailed them also... I'll post the reply.
    OK Here's the reply I got:
    Thank you for contacting us.

ESPN will release a fantasy football applications for Android this year. At this time, we do not have an exact release date. Please check back.

We appreciate your patience.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Andria
    ESPN.com Customer Care
    09-01-2010 12:24 PM
    Here is my response from HuddleHub.

I asked them when in September it was going to be launched and that I'd be willing to pay for it.

Their Response:

Hey Jason,

We should be offering a Lite and Premium version of our app. We are aiming to launch it Friday of this week or Monday or next week.

The only difference between Lite and Premium is premium will have instantaneous notifications for certain events such as injuries or TDs.

Thanks!
    Patrick
    09-01-2010 01:31 PM
    Here's my ESPN Customer Service reply:

Thank you for contacting us.

ESPN will release fantasy football applications for the Android this year. At this time, we do not have an exact release date. Please check back in late August or early September.

We appreciate your patience.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Brian
    ESPN.com Customer Care

Apparently we can expect it late August/early Sept... someone needs to buy Brian a calendar...
    09-01-2010 03:20 PM
    Until the fantasy app comes out what I am doing is going to espn mobile, scroll to the bottom and click espn.com. This brings up their full site and from there just click fantasy, then football, your team and viola! It will look exactly like on your pc and you are able to move people in your line up to the bench and so on. A little process but it works!
    CyberThreat likes this.
    09-01-2010 06:34 PM
    I'm hoping ESPN's Fantasy Cast will work with Flash 10.1. That would be nice to have the live scoring available.
    09-01-2010 07:35 PM
    Hey guys,

I actually work for ESPN. Expect an app in time for the start of the season. (hopefully).
    09-01-2010 07:48 PM
    Until the fantasy app comes out what I am doing is going to espn mobile, scroll to the bottom and click espn.com. This brings up their full site and from there just click fantasy, then football, your team and viola! It will look exactly like on your pc and you are able to move people in your line up to the bench and so on. A little process but it works!
    They really need to make it easier to find this! I almost dropped out of an espn league because I was convinced they had no mobile options whatsoever for Android.
    09-02-2010 07:56 PM
    ESPN Fantasy App is on the market, only problem? its 5 bucks! I may wait for huddlehub before dropping cash for something that should be free
    09-03-2010 04:50 PM
    ESPN Fantasy App is on the market, only problem? its 5 bucks! I may wait for huddlehub before dropping cash for something that should be free
    Is the iPhone version free? If so I'm gonna be pretty mad.

Edit: I just looked online and it seems the iPhone version is free. There's no way in hell I'm buying this app and I'll do my best to make sure others don't either.
    09-03-2010 05:10 PM
    to be fair, the iphone version is 4.99 as well
    ESPN Fantasy Football 2010 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

but its really sad when you have companies like Yahoo that have fantasy apps for FREE, this is just dirty pool
    09-03-2010 05:23 PM
    to be fair, the iphone version is 4.99 as well
    ESPN Fantasy Football 2010 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

but its really sad when you have companies like Yahoo that have fantasy apps for FREE, this is just dirty pool
    Ok thanks, I must have been linked to the wrong app.

In any case I'm going to wait for HuddleHub before I make a decision.
    09-03-2010 05:30 PM
    Debating on whether I should wait until the day of the first game to play before I download the new ESPN app and give it a quick run to see how well it works. If it's not worth the $5 I can return it before the 24hr preview is up.

I am intrigued to see if the Fantasy Cast is anything like the web version.
    09-03-2010 07:04 PM
    Curiosity got the better of me so I went ahead and installed the app...

I'm actually somewhat impressed with how well it's laid out, the features and information available, and the UI. All of it very well done, and much better than my somewhat high expectations.

That being said... there's only one thing about it that bugs me, and that is you have to exit out and restart to get back to the league select screen. Not a deal breaker, but I'm somewhat surprised there's no method (at least from what I've seen playing with it) to return to the login screen where you can choose between leagues.

[edit]After a reboot, the aforementioned bug disappears and the app works famously. After more playing with the app, the more I am quite happy with it, and a few times was amazed at some of the features. If you're serious about your ESPN Fantasy Football Leagues, this is the app for you!

I'm curious to see what HuddleHub does, but I will say they will be hard pressed to incorporate ESPN as well as this app does. Kudos to the devs who built the app.
    09-03-2010 08:10 PM
    I really hate ESPN anymore. Starting to monopolize sports and there coverage of something gets to be over the top and way too much. And now 4.99 for a FF app. Thats way overpriced imo. Maybe 1.99 at most. Plus it says fantasy football 2010. Does that mean I'll have to pay 5 bucks next year for fantasy football 2011 to play?
    09-05-2010 01:08 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD