09-07-2010 09:52 PM
72 123
tools
    alright, i downloaded the app from the ESPN mobile site and it doesn't link itself to the market. i tried using Titanium Backup's Market Doctor but that wouldn't find the link either. anyone have any ideas how to link the app to market so i can be aware of updates? i also kinda assume the app would tell me if an update was available, but i don't wanna wait and try that 'cause i wouldn't be able to tell unless i checked the app version and then went into market and checked the app version there.

also, apparently if i want a refund i have to go through sprint because it is gonna go on the bill.

God it pisses me off they charge $5 bucks for this app. With the money they make i find it petty that they charge for the thing. If i was a league manager this would drive me to another site for fantasy football.
    09-06-2010 01:14 PM
    I really hate ESPN anymore. Starting to monopolize sports and there coverage of something gets to be over the top and way too much. And now 4.99 for a FF app. Thats way overpriced imo. Maybe 1.99 at most. Plus it says fantasy football 2010. Does that mean I'll have to pay 5 bucks next year for fantasy football 2011 to play?
    Yes, you will have to pay again next season.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    09-06-2010 01:20 PM
    Yes, you will have to pay again next season.
    Is there a reference to this anywhere? Or is it just speculation?
    09-06-2010 01:49 PM
    You can access your ESPN fantasy football teams right from the browser for free. Why do they feel the need to charge $5 for their app. Just plain ridiculous considering Yahoo put theirs out for free. Anyways check out this article for a couple good ways to enjoy the football season. Android Does Football
    09-06-2010 01:49 PM
    I really hate ESPN anymore. Starting to monopolize sports and there coverage of something gets to be over the top and way too much. And now 4.99 for a FF app. Thats way overpriced imo. Maybe 1.99 at most. Plus it says fantasy football 2010. Does that mean I'll have to pay 5 bucks next year for fantasy football 2011 to play?
    It's 5 bucks man.. if you don't want to buy it then, don't. ESPN does the absolute best with everything sports it touches, that's why it's #1.
    09-06-2010 02:28 PM
    It's 5 bucks man.. if you don't want to buy it then, don't. ESPN does the absolute best with everything sports it touches, that's why it's #1.
    Just saying my opinion. Game coverage is great. Ever listen to espn radio anymore? They just blab on and on about the same thing over and over again. Same with sportscenter. Hardly watch it anymore. And if i had my choice I'd use yahoo for fantasy football. Just better imo.
    09-06-2010 02:47 PM
    I'm running 4 leagues on ESPN, and the app really is worth every penny. It's got a lot more features than the Yahoo app (a lot more), UI is very nice, and it's easy to use. The only part of it I have yet to see in action is the Fantasy Cast. I'm hoping it's every bit as good as the Fantasy Cast on their website.
    09-06-2010 03:12 PM
    the yahoo fantasy app is just a weaker port of their mobile site.
    09-06-2010 05:23 PM
    Hey All, huddlehub.com is supposed to launch an app for android that deals with your ESPN fantasy teams. You can sign up on huddlehub.com to get the notification. It was supposed to out today, but I haven't gotten anything for it yet.
    09-06-2010 09:56 PM
    Does the ESPN app give you access to the message boards in your fantasy league(s) as well?
    09-07-2010 08:46 AM
    if you a browser other than the stock one (dolphin is what i use)...then it brings up the actual site and not the mobile version.
    09-07-2010 09:04 AM
    Does the ESPN app give you access to the message boards in your fantasy league(s) as well?
    Yep, you can read and post messages from the app.
    09-07-2010 09:22 AM
    Hi guys! Here is our latest apk. We need some beta testers to test out this apk. We have been working many MANY hours and need to test this app before we release it to the Android Market.

We have chosen a small group of forums to exclusively test our app before public release. We are very excited to get your feedback.

Here is the link! http://www.huddlehub.com/droid/beta-...ub-android.apk

This beta has add, drop players, import teams, view rosters, and create HH user account. Coming soon in the next iteration is start bench and live scores.

In order to install it, you have to have the apkinstaller on your android based phone.

If you have any reports or problems, please email us at huddlehub@huddlehub.com
    09-07-2010 09:50 AM
    Cool. I will try it out and let you know.

It prompts me for a username password? Do we have to register or something?

Couldn't register, just keep getting:

Error communicating with server(IO): User "" not found
    09-07-2010 10:16 AM
    Trying it out now!!
    09-07-2010 10:22 AM
    Hi guys! Here is our latest apk. We need some beta testers to test out this apk. We have been working many MANY hours and need to test this app before we release it to the Android Market.

We have chosen a small group of forums to exclusively test our app before public release. We are very excited to get your feedback.

Here is the link! http://www.huddlehub.com/droid/beta-...ub-android.apk

This beta has add, drop players, import teams, view rosters, and create HH user account. Coming soon in the next iteration is start bench and live scores.

In order to install it, you have to have the apkinstaller on your android based phone.

If you have any reports or problems, please email us at huddlehub@huddlehub.com
    Thanks, I'll e-mail you after I give the app a rundown unless you'd rather me post in this thread.

Cool. I will try it out and let you know.

It prompts me for a username password? Do we have to register or something?

Couldn't register, just keep getting:

Error communicating with server(IO): User "" not found
    I also had this problem and had to go to the Huddlehub website to register.
    09-07-2010 10:27 AM

I also had this problem and had to go to the Huddlehub website to register.
    Thanks..
    09-07-2010 10:39 AM
    i did too, it went away after a couple minutes, i guess a lot of people are trying the app all at once, looks good so far, kinda stripped down version of the yahoo and espn app, but for free, i'll take it! As live scoring is part of the app, SWEET!
    09-07-2010 11:10 AM
    Got Huddlehub installed and running! I've been waiting for this one. It seems to be running well.
    09-07-2010 11:19 AM
    Looks good so far.. all of my leagues are thru ESPN so I think I'll wait for the 9th (HH update with start/bench/live scoring) before paying $5 for the ESPN app to see if HuddleHub will fit my needs.

Couple of questions/suggestions for developer:

1. Any updates I do within the app will automatically sync to my team on ESPN.com?
    2. Any plans on adding the ability to read and post to the league message boards?
    3. A way to fully exit the program without having to back out of everything would be very useful.

Pretty nice for a free app still in the beta stage though!!
    09-07-2010 11:23 AM
    Huddlehub.com released a Android app today that allows users to manage their ESPN and Yahoo teams in 1 application. It's free as well.

Users can:
    Add and Drop players
    Import ESPN and Yahoo! Teams
    View Rosters
    Watch Live Scores
    Scour the Free Agent Market
    - A quick update will be launched Thursday for Adding and Benching Players.

Free Fantasy Football Management Tools for ESPN and Yahoo! | HuddleHub.com.

If you have any questions you can contact us on our live chat.
    09-07-2010 05:07 PM
    Is there a reference to this anywhere? Or is it just speculation?

It is knowledge from experience. They developed the app for iOS last season, charged the $5, and are now doing it again. If the product ends with a year you know it will be a yearly fee.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    09-07-2010 09:52 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD