I've had fruit pirate on my phone for a while now and it's great fun. Very easy to pick up, addictive, simple, mindless fun. It's obviously a fruit ninja clone, but now that the real thing is here...is there any reason I should go pick it up? Will fruit pirate meet all my flying-fruit-slicing needs, or am I missing out on something by not giving ninja a try?
    09-15-2010 02:59 PM
    I'm sorry...Fruit Pirate is it?
    09-15-2010 03:54 PM
    The games a very similar, and admittedly, at this point, Pirate actually has more features. However, Ninja is developed by a proven development crew, and will likely have a longer update/shelf life.

Regardless of anything else, forgot the cloners.

Support the original developers, support the top tier iOS developers, and show them Android as a platform is ready and salivating for their high quality work.

+1 for Fruit Ninja
    thekarens and brandonx1000 like this.
    09-15-2010 04:38 PM
    I have to agree that I think we should support the original developer, especially when we know they produce quality products.
    09-15-2010 05:07 PM
    I also got Fruit Ninja to support the rollout of games from a top tier development team (and it's fun!). Also, the cognitive dissonance of sticking with a clone with the name "pirate" in it was a bit too much for me...
    09-15-2010 09:12 PM
    cognitive dissonance...wow haven't heard that term in years since my undergrad work in Comms.

also I believe that Fruit Pirate is $1.99. For the real version not the lite.
    09-16-2010 09:42 AM
    is a different game, I love fruit ninja myself! Fruit pirate has powerups and multislices. I guess it's more like veggie samurai!
    09-16-2010 11:06 AM
    FP Vid: !
    09-18-2010 12:36 AM
    i purchased both (one was a dollar and the other was 2 dollars). Its hard to get acquainted to fruit pirate after playing fruit ninja. The graphics are better and ninja just feels more polished.
    09-18-2010 08:32 AM
    Veggie Samurai seems to ave more built in Games such as a bejeweld type game, or veggies slicing game like fruit ninja. it even has a game where the challenge is to see how many of a particular veggie you can load to a cart while slicing veggies that don't belong.

These would be cool features on Fruit Ninja. I have already unlocked all the locked blades and backgrounds in Fruit Ninja, need more levels or more game options...
    10-11-2010 04:35 PM
    Never heard of it, Fruit Ninja sounds better just because of Openfeint, I love that thing!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    10-11-2010 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD