05-17-2011 08:43 AM
140 ... 456
tools
    I found part one: on the Palm Pre get shell access and navigate to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.rovio.angrybirds/ There are two files in there of interest: highscores.lua and settings.lua. Both are plain text lua files. I copied them to the directory I can see when I mount the phone on the PC, then copied them to my desktop and then to my T-bolt in the Downloads directory. Once I get shell access to the T-bolt I'll rename the Angry Birds files on the T-bolt and then move these files into their place. I'll report back on how that goes and whether the Android version can read this file and let me pick up where I left off.
    03-26-2011 01:30 PM
    Just finished getting 3 stars on every chapter of Rio and also found all the pineapples & bananas, but no golden eggs/"bonus" chapters

Are the trophies all you get or am I missing something?
    04-05-2011 04:26 PM
    I think the trophies are all you get.
    04-13-2011 04:41 PM
    So how is Angry Birds Rio? I've been really excited about it since the day it was announced, and then I find out that when it was brought to Palm, it wasn't brought to the Pixi like all the other versions of Angry Birds were.
    04-13-2011 05:46 PM
    Angry Birds Rio is a lot of fun. In the first world, you are not killing pigs but smashing cages to set birds free. In the second world, you are killing some hilarious monkeys. And there's a "boss battle" at the end of the second world that's a lot of fun. I can't wait for May's installment.
    disney.jessica likes this.
    04-13-2011 08:46 PM
    Angry Birds Rio is a lot of fun. In the first world, you are not killing pigs but smashing cages to set birds free. In the second world, you are killing some hilarious monkeys. And there's a "boss battle" at the end of the second world that's a lot of fun. I can't wait for May's installment.
    That sounds fun! I didn't even realize that there wouldn't be pigs in the Rio version. I thought maybe they would just do simple backgrounds to make it a big commercial promoting the movie, but from the screenshots I've seen the graphics look pretty cool. I'm kind of glad they don't have the pigs, because it's expanding upon the simple Angry Birds. I saw an interview with someone from Rovio that hinted the Angry Birds would be in a lot new things. They compared it to how Mario is put into a car and the classic Mario games spin-off into Mario Kart. I didn't even know there would be a May installment to Rio, either.
    04-13-2011 10:24 PM
    It's totally worth it. The graphics are better, and the boss battle is cool. "I'd buy that for a dollar."
    04-19-2011 01:04 AM
    So its May now, does anyone know when the next level will playable by chance?
    05-02-2011 12:42 PM
    Their Facebook page said next week.
    05-03-2011 06:26 AM
    Any way to do this?

When AB Rio first came out, it was only available via Amazon App Store, which wasn't available in Canada, so I sideloaded it. Now that the first update is imminent, I'd like to replace the sideloaded version with a App Market version so I get notified of all updates. However, I've three starred every level and found all the awards and don't want to do it all over again. If I delete the sideloaded version and download the Market version, will I lose all the data?
    05-10-2011 03:11 PM
    When updating from the free version to the paid version, I didn't lose my progress in AB Seasons. I'd suggest you not delete the sideloaded version and just install the paid market version. Should install over the previous one and keep your progress. Note I said "should", your mileage may vary.
    05-11-2011 08:05 AM
    Tried downloading it from Market and installing it and no go - I can download it, but it won't install - I get "installment error - package file was not signed correctly". I have no clue what this means, but I suspect it has something to do with already having the apk installed on my phone.

When I look at AB - Rio under "manage applications", I see that there is 40 kb of "data" and 32 kb of "cache" associated with the app. I presume my three stars on each level and awards are buried in one or both of these files. Is there a way to delete the app, while keeping these two files?
    05-11-2011 11:03 AM
    05-11-2011 01:34 PM
    ok so i got an email from Rovio yesterday morning stating that the update was ready........no problem i go to the amazon appstore and updated!!!!! but the new level isnt open yet!!!! but on my ipod touch its open! anyone else have this problem!?
    05-14-2011 01:47 PM
    I'm completely finished Beach Volley. I'm just trying to 3 star 5-4,10,11, & 13. Oh and find more coins too.
    05-17-2011 08:43 AM
140 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD