Cant install angry birds

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
So im having some issues installing angry birds. I downloaded the APK zip file from here...
Angry Birds Released in Full and it’s Free! (now in Android Market)

I put it on the root of my sd card (also the downloads folder). AndroZip would fail unzipping. I downloaded Unzip and followed the instructions on that site, and it would say "unzip done" then after that it would say "access denied." Seemingly, the unzip did not actually perform as i cant find it anywhere. Theres no folder like in the instructions from that video. I deleted the .zip off the apk and androzip wouldnt install it. I deleted the underscore (it was apk_.zip) to make it "apk.zip" and that didnt do anything either. Whats going on? Neither AndroZip nor Unzip can seem to do anything with the files.

Droid Eris on android 2.1.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't get it to install from the market. First time, install hung completely; had to force stop the market then clear the cache and data. Downloaded again, and this time it "finishes", then says "install was unsuccessful." I've tried 6 times or so now... very frustrating...

Would rather install from market so I can get updates easily. Unless installing APK from getjar will get me market updates? Anyone know?

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I used app brain on my PC and did a search for "Angry Birds" and it came right up, installed it to the phone from the app brain site and it worked great. Kids are already hogging to phone and fighting over who gets to play next.

Chopper Joe

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. I've been checking various forums and it seems like the problem is especially common with EVO (which I have). Several EVO owners mentioned that they couldn't install the beta either (same for me).

I can live without a game and I'm glad to know that my phone doesn't have some idiosyncratic flaw but it's kind of annoying....

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded apk from getjar, transferred to my "Uploads" folder on my SD card, loaded it up with App Installer. Works great.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone else is having the problem I had, the problem was apps2SD. Apparently this game defaults to an SD install. Don't know why it caused a problem for this app, but it did. I don't know how to disable apps2SD, so i just unmounted the card and tried the install again. Worked first try!

Reactions: Chopper Joe

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
None of this is helping me. I have a stock 2.1 Eris and this is making me angry. I have the download from GetJar and also from a mirror online. They are in the downloads folder of my SD card and nomatter what i get the same issue. Out of space. I have about 30mb internal memory free and 2gb of SD card storage available. Being 2.1, i dont think it install to my SD card. I tried unmounting the card and downloading it to internal memory but that was a no go. I tried using Astro File manager to copy it from SD card to the internal memory and access was denied. I dont know whats going on here. How do i get this to install on my Eris? (not evo, not incredible, not droid, not anything else). This does NOT show up in my market place. However, my supervisor at work has a Droid X and when he does a search in the marketplace for the same exact thing (same words, letters, etc) and it comes up on his. It just doesnt show on my eris. I understand it wasnt designed for this phone, but still. There are people running it and i do not want to be defeated.

lwoodsjr

May 1, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone else is having the problem I had, the problem was apps2SD. Apparently this game defaults to an SD install. Don't know why it caused a problem for this app, but it did. I don't know how to disable apps2SD, so i just unmounted the card and tried the install again. Worked first try!

This worked like a charm. Thanks!

mranderson41

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
This worked like a charm. Thanks!

How are you able to unmount the SD card and still install. When I download the .apk it is on the SD Card not on the internal memory. As a side note, I've been able to get it to download through fast file transfer via appbrain several times but the darn thing never installs. I can't figure out where appbrain downloads the file to so I can't install it that way either.

I'm using an HTC hero with stock 2.1 BTW.

quan09

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
How are you able to unmount the SD card and still install. When I download the .apk it is on the SD Card not on the internal memory. As a side note, I've been able to get it to download through fast file transfer via appbrain several times but the darn thing never installs. I can't figure out where appbrain downloads the file to so I can't install it that way either.

I'm using an HTC hero with stock 2.1 BTW.

one way to do that is to just take the card out and download it from the market then put the card back in.

mranderson41

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get it installed this afternoon. I ended up downloading the .apk from getjar onto my computer. Then I used the android central side load wonder machine to get the darn thing to install. Playing angry birds right now.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
None of this is helping me. I have a stock 2.1 Eris and this is making me angry. I have the download from GetJar and also from a mirror online. They are in the downloads folder of my SD card and nomatter what i get the same issue. Out of space. I have about 30mb internal memory free and 2gb of SD card storage available. Being 2.1, i dont think it install to my SD card. I tried unmounting the card and downloading it to internal memory but that was a no go. I tried using Astro File manager to copy it from SD card to the internal memory and access was denied. I dont know whats going on here. How do i get this to install on my Eris? (not evo, not incredible, not droid, not anything else). This does NOT show up in my market place. However, my supervisor at work has a Droid X and when he does a search in the marketplace for the same exact thing (same words, letters, etc) and it comes up on his. It just doesnt show on my eris. I understand it wasnt designed for this phone, but still. There are people running it and i do not want to be defeated.

I have the same problem with the Eris. Can't wait til I can upgrade to another phone. It seems like the Eris was almost a beta or something that they figured they didn't need to put a lot of effort into, either during or after production. It'd be nice to get Angry Birds, though - and I've had a similar issue with other games as well.

Sucks to have a phone that's not even a year old but is already functionally out of date!