Angry Birds ads suck

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has this issue but after I updated it puts the ads on the top right hand side of the screen, making it hard to play because sometimes the birds go into that section of the screen and I can't see them. and on levels where you have to tap the screen to either make them explode or separate into 3 birds or drop eggs it's makes it really hard, to the point that i have to zoom out and play it like that which sucks.

Does anyone know if they will have a paid version that doesn't have ads in it? It was fine when they had the ads on the bottom left hand side of the screen. that wasn't in the way.

Reactions: dcreed

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So far I actually like the ads being at the top. I've just played through 17 of the new levels so far, but I haven't accidentally touched an ad yet. I did that a few times when the ads where on the bottom.

ilyaamex

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has this issue but after I updated it puts the ads on the top right hand side of the screen, making it hard to play because sometimes the birds go into that section of the screen and I can't see them. and on levels where you have to tap the screen to either make them explode or separate into 3 birds or drop eggs it's makes it really hard, to the point that i have to zoom out and play it like that which sucks.

Does anyone know if they will have a paid version that doesn't have ads in it? It was fine when they had the ads on the bottom left hand side of the screen. that wasn't in the way.

I'm with you 100%. They annoy the sh** out of me. I don't understand this strategy of Rovio, why not just let me pay for it!
The whole situation reminds me of this: New Google Phone Service Whispers Targeted Ads Directly Into Users' Ears

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you 100%. They annoy the sh** out of me. I don't understand this strategy of Rovio, why not just let me pay for it!
The whole situation reminds me of this: New Google Phone Service Whispers Targeted Ads Directly Into Users' Ears

The reason is they are probably getting a lot of money from advertisers, more so than people purchasing it. Plus advertisers renew on a constant bases, a purchase is a 1 time deal for them. I see why they do it... can't blame them

but positioning is a pain....

skbgiants

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The reason is they are probably getting a lot of money from advertisers, more so than people purchasing it. Plus advertisers renew on a constant bases, a purchase is a 1 time deal for them. I see why they do it... can't blame them

I think there will be a paid version. Alternatively, albeit a pain..play in "airplane" mode=no adds. OR Root your phone, install Adfree and "poof!" no ads. Not a huge fan of the second option, because ad revenue is what draws developers to Android, but for this game I make the exception and game play is smooth as silk.

Rovio..put up a 5.00 paid version and I'll remove Adfree and buy the game.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I think there will be a paid version. Alternatively, albeit a pain..play in "airplane" mode=no adds. OR Root your phone, install Adfree and "poof!" no ads. Not a huge fan of the second option, because ad revenue is what draws developers to Android, but for this game I make the exception and game play is smooth as silk.

Rovio..put up a 5.00 paid version and I'll remove Adfree and buy the game.

good to know...

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
My (unfortunate) solution: uninstall, wait for paid version. I can live without it.

On the plus side, freed up a ton of space it uses.

Last edited:

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind playing in Airplane mode for Ad free play. I mostly play later in the evening when I wouldn't normally get or answer calls
I prefer adds on the bottom, on the top they get in the way of seeing where the green birds fly.

Last edited:

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
Can't we just play with Mobile Data off so we still get texts and calls? I turn off my Mobile Data all the time to save battery without sacrificing communications.

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind the ads. The fact that they are in the upper right corner now sucks, plain and simple. They were perfectly fine in the lower portion of the game. It gets quite annoying when you need to tap the bird but you can't because it's behind the ad!

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Install Adfree for Android. Poof, they're gone.

Seconded, I have had adfree on my phone since day 1 when I rooted it. :cool:

I didn't even know the game had ads. LOL :eek:

But if there was a paid version of this game I would buy it. Love this little game and would be happy to pay for a quality product.

liquid64

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating on trying to find the address of the adserver, and block it via OpenDNS. That wouldn't work when I am on mobile data, but it would when I am on WiFi, and am on a network that I control.

Just for the record, I would pay $5-$10 for an ad free version in a heartbeat.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree tho it isnt as good with the ads blocking the birds , but at least there is a work around til they make a paid version, or move the ads back where they were :)

Psyclone

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

I've thought the same, why would they make the ads more obtrusive? An ad funded version seems like the better option for most, if not all developers. It seems like ad revenue would be better since it's an on-going stream vs. a one time purchase fee. I see it as a win/win. I get the app for free while the dev gets on-going ad revenue. Am I missing something?

I have no problem with ads in apps/games as long as they don't interfere with the usability of it. It was a lot better when the ads were at the bottom.

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Can't we just play with Mobile Data off so we still get texts and calls? I turn off my Mobile Data all the time to save battery without sacrificing communications.

Yes, this is what I do. Turning off mobile data before starting up the game removes the ads. You don't need full airplane mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool