Hi everyone,

I'd like to present my first game released on the Google Play store over the weekend.

Game Description:

Gun Frenzy ... an insane twin stick shooter where hot women with huge guns battle to the death against demons, the undead and hosts of hell. Has done well on Windows Phone (30,000+ downloads in 2 months) and am hoping for good things from the Google Play Store. Submitted to Amazon as well so hopefully will be available for those with Kindle's and Fire Phones soon too.

Link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nFrenzyRelease

Game Highlights:

- The game has 33 levels.
    - Around 15 different weapons.
    - Approximately 30+ enemies and bosses to fight!
    - 15 in-game achievements to earn.

Media / Screenshots:

[GAME] Gun Frenzy - 3D Twin Stick Shooter-gun-frenzy-2014-09-19-15-23-14-72.jpg

[GAME] Gun Frenzy - 3D Twin Stick Shooter-gun-frenzy-2014-09-19-16-47-52-23.jpg

[GAME] Gun Frenzy - 3D Twin Stick Shooter-gun-frenzy-2014-09-19-16-49-07-23.jpg

I've tested the game on a Note 3, Galaxy S4 and a mid-range Xperia (with 1GB RAM). Works nicely on those devices. I'm not sure yet whether it would work well on devices with less than 1GB RAM. However, I think it will because the Windows Phone version runs on a Lumia 520, which is a low end phone with only 512MB of RAM.

Price / Monetization:

COMPLETELY FREE!!!! Gun Frenzy is a free game and has no micro transactions or "Pay to Win" gameplay. Just a straight forward action game where you need some skill to win and not your wallet. There are interstitial ads that show up in between gameplay levels but these don't interfere with actual gameplay.

Please download and let me know what you think. I plan to update this game in the future regularly, as I have for the past 2 months on Windows Phone, and so am eager to get feedback. Happy gaming.
    09-22-2014 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the link, and good luck!
    WaveLightGames likes this.
    09-23-2014 03:22 AM
    Thanks for letting me know. Your phone has 3GB of RAM so it shouldn't be a memory issue ... I've tested the game on 1GB RAM devices. Can I ask which version of Android your phone runs? Also, when does it crash? Does it always crash at the same time when you press a particular button or at random times?

It's a hard thing to debug because I don't have the exact phone ... but I'll look into my code and see what could be the issue. Thanks for downloading it and sorry it gave you trouble.
    09-23-2014 01:22 PM
    Hi guys,

Just a quick update. I'll be putting up an update to Gun Frenzy 1.0 that will hopefully address the crashing issue on select Android devices. I'll also update the icon and some other stuff. Mainly a stability update ... not new content as of yet. Some delays though just because of a hardware issue on my end that forced me to reload my main development machine so it might a couple days before it's posted. Just in the process of recovering files from backup and such.
    09-26-2014 11:00 AM
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the radio silence. I upgraded my main development laptop with a new solid state hard drive but it didn't go well. For some reason, it didn't work with Windows 8 so I had to roll back to Windows 7 and re-install all of my software, SDK, JDK, etc. Not fun at all and wasted a lot of time.

That being said, I did push out a minor update that I hope addresses the crash bugs that some of you experienced. It certainly fixes the crash that occurs when the "review" button is pressed.

Future updates will include more bonus levels with more enemies to fight. Might not come out for a while though as I am working on my next game at the moment but will shift gears back to this one periodically. My next game is a turn-based RPG kind of like a medieval version of XCOM. Preview picture below:

[GAME] Gun Frenzy - 3D Twin Stick Shooter-phoenix-arrow.jpg

In other news, Gun Frenzy is available for Amazon / Kindle tablets and the fire phone! Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Wave-Light-Gam...cUvbUpU3933929

I'm trying a different approach with the Amazon store version. It doesn't have any ads but just costs $1.99 instead. I want to experiment and see what's the revenue model.
    Attached Thumbnails [GAME] Gun Frenzy - 3D Twin Stick Shooter-halfling-explorer-unit-selection.jpg  
    10-02-2014 08:20 AM
    Heh, crazy mix of genres
    10-14-2014 05:03 PM