[FREE] [GAME] Super Penguin! v1.3 BIG UPDATE

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Super Penguin! is a challenging arcade game inspired by games like Fall Down and Super Mario.

TRAILER

FEATURES
✓ Simple touch, tilt or swipe controls.
✓ Awesome pixel art graphics.
✓ Challenging objectives & rewards.
✓ A range of fun upgrades and power ups.

HOW TO PLAY
● Using touch, tilt or swipe controls, navigate your penguin down through the level.
● Avoid or stomp enemies.
● Pick up coins to purchase upgrades in the store.
● Complete objectives to be rewarded with additional coins.
● Score = coins picked up + platforms passed.

FEEDBACK
Please take a few moments to rate the game if you enjoy it; if you have any constructive criticism please feel free to post it here or PM me. Thanks!

Download now for FREE!

Last edited:

Richtea2007

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: [FREE] [GAME] Super Penguin! A fast paced arcade game.

Interesting game, one issue I initially faced was the blocks. I though you were supposed to jump over them rather than "wrap around the world". Not sure how to sort that, making them full height (or at least taller) would solve that issue but would make falling onto them different

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Interesting game, one issue I initially faced was the blocks. I though you were supposed to jump over them rather than "wrap around the world". Not sure how to sort that, making them full height (or at least taller) would solve that issue but would make falling onto them different

Thanks Richtea.
You can either jump over the blocks, or wrap around them. You can buy the ability to jump in the upgrade store. Perhaps it isn't clear enough that the store is available? What do you think?
Thanks for the feedback.

Richtea2007

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Ah, I did see the store but it didn't occure to me that jump would be in there, in that case I think leave it as it is: i did figure out the "wrap around the world" relatively quickly

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Ah, I did see the store but it didn't occure to me that jump would be in there, in that case I think leave it as it is: i did figure out the "wrap around the world" relatively quickly
The reason for putting the jump ability in the shop was to teach the user that they can jump, without having a tutorial. Still not sure if it was a good idea or not!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Penguin is now available in the Amazon App Store. Should also work on Kindles, but I don't currently have one to test it on.

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Updated to v1.1.0:

- Added "About" page.
- Added hint pop ups detailing how to visit the shop & how to claim objective rewards
- Hopefully fixed half-blackout-screen bug.
- Removed Coin Value shop item, it was OP!
- Altered some shop prices & icons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Working on the next update for Super Penguin!

I want to add new levels; as well as a new shop for each level.
I'm thinking that for each level, you start new as a normal penguin and have to upgrade again - but the upgrades will be different for each level.

A few level ideas:
- Castle level (unlocks when you reach 2000m in the 1st level)
- Halloween level (unlocked for a few weeks during halloween)
- Space(?) level (unlocks when you beat the boss in the Castle level)
- Christmas level (unlocked for a few weeks during christmas)

What do you guys think?
Not going to add all the levels at once, I'll add each one with each new update. Starting with the Castle level within the next week (hopefully)

Thanks,
Will

Rampkin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Very nice graphics. I love retro style. Gameplay looks to be very funny. I will try it tomorrow!

Rampkin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I install it. I really love it. I have one question. What engine you use to write this game? (I am interesting because I am developer too. I start to use Unity 3d).

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I install it. I really love it. I have one question. What engine you use to write this game? (I am interesting because I am developer too. I start to use Unity 3d).

Thanks a lot, Rampkin. I used Game Maker Studio. It's fairly expensive ($800 for full version), but you can try it for free.

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Hey all, Super Penguin was recently updated to v1.2.5!
The new update adds 2 new episodes, each with their own style, enemies, obstacles, upgrades and more!
There's also a new control scheme to try out, and more!

Also, here's a new trailer showcasing one of the new episodes, the Castle:

The 2nd new episode is a Halloween themed episode which is unlocked by playing the game during October or November, so try it soon to permanently unlock it!

Thank you, good night, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :mad:

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

willlewis

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

comparison.png
Here's a comparison image showing the improved visuals coming in the next update!

Also, more info on the Christmas episode coming soon.

Will