[FREE][GAME] TANGAME - Logic Puzzle Game

random_001

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Do you love puzzle games?
If so, check out our newest game - TANGAME!

The idea of the game is based on the ancient Chinese game called "Tangram", where you need to form a specific shape using all seven pieces, which may not overlap. What is the best about the game, is that there is many solution to one level. You can use different strategies to solve the puzzle. Overall, game seems very easy, but you will see - it's far from that. :)

Besides puzzle mechanic, game has a nice, relaxing music and overall style (I hope it does!). Other interesting feature is that every shape you need to solve is reminding something familiar - for example, an animal, or rocket. So you don't get a random-looking shapes to solve. Also, that is why we sorted the levels into "Sets". Before starting a level, you can read a quote related to specific set. Our first set is "Nature", and we created a trailer based on that, which you can see above.

For now we have about 120 built-in levels, but next ~150 levels are coming really soon and we are planning to expand the game by online component where you can create your own levels and share them with the others. Many other features are coming as well!

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghostorchidstudios.tangame

Please, give it a try and share your thoughts.

Also, what did you like/dislike about the game? What would you want to see in the next updates?

TimeFlask

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
What a beautiful game!
Which software did you use for trailer? I can only Fraps and call it "gameplay video trailer", no idea how ppl making such a perfect videos :)

random_001

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
What a beautiful game!
Which software did you use for trailer? I can only Fraps and call it "gameplay video trailer", no idea how ppl making such a perfect videos :)

I used open-source software called Blender. It's free and it's easy to learn. You should try it!

Personally, animation and modelling are not among my favourite things to do. Mainly because it takes quite a lot of time, actually. You need to be really patient.

crops_1010

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Nice game, and I will clone for 3rd project, thanks for your idea..............
.....................just kidding :D

random_001

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Did you use Unity3d for that game? How did you animate objects? iTween?

No, I written my own code for that. iTween would be too much for such a small game (in terms of performance and maintenance). Believe me, sometimes it's better (and more efficient) to write something by yourself that fits perfectly and you fully know how it works and what it does, rather than using and relying on external libraries.

I use some external libraries, though. For example: Google Play Games, AdMob, JsonFx.NET and probably something else.
But let's take Google Play Games Plugin for example. Plugin is written by Google guys itself and... it have many annoying bugs that are still not fixed. This taken too much time on my side to fix them in my game.

Last edited:

hadmaerd

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
to write something by yourself

Maybe you're right, though I have not noticed problems with iTween when animating a small number of objects. But it does not matter, everyone does as it sees proper. It helped me speed up development.

What about Unity3d plugins like Google Play Games and FREE versions of AdMob plugin - it's too bugged in fact. And that's sad. I can't write my own AdMob plugin and I can't pay for that 50$.

hadmaerd

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, Interstitial Ads work too.

Yep, I have got it. I don't know HOW I didn't know about that plugin by Google but after your post I downloaded all needed packages and added it to my new (coming soon) game. It works great. Thank you so much.

Oh, for sure! You helped me with my problem with ADs so I can make Russian translation for description of your game in Google Play with very high quality. If you are interested - just write to me. :)

random_001

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I have got it. I don't know HOW I didn't know about that plugin by Google but after your post I downloaded all needed packages and added it to my new (coming soon) game. It works great. Thank you so much.

No problem!

Oh, for sure! You helped me with my problem with ADs so I can make Russian translation for description of your game in Google Play with very high quality. If you are interested - just write to me.

I sent you a PM. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63