The Development of E.X.O

jmholland96

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I am currently developing a game called E.X.O and I think it would be pretty fun to keep posting screenshots of the development process to show the progress of the game. Right now I feel like its more of a personal things for me to see but if people are interested it would be awesome to keep you updated. Every time something new is added I'll be sure to screenshot and post it explaining it and see if you have any feedback to give. Any kind of interest in that respect would be highly appreciated and interesting to see.

jmholland96

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Here are some very early screenshots of my new game. You take control of a robot/drone called E.X.O and your job is to get through the enemy bases avoiding a variety of different lasers and enemies using your hover, boost and double jump abilities. You will also need to clear out the enemies trying to stop you using you fully automatic laser rifle. All of these abilities cost energy which is represented by the bar in the top left hand corner. If you run out of energy E.X.O will explode so be sure to pick up the energy orbs as you progress through the levels.
IMG_20150405_224630.png
IMG_20150416_153656.png

jmholland96

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Going to be working on the timer script today. And then I will be setting my times for you guys to beat so that you can unlock the extra content! Might post the script afterwards to see if anyone can give me some tips or ways to improve it.

jmholland96

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I also have some early gameplay videos on Youtube if you want to check them out. Quality is not too great but if you want to check them out search Jason Holland EXO.

jmholland96

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Kind of figured that the games that are fun and addictive from the moment you pick them up are the ones that consist of single taps on the screen. However I personally lose interest in these games very quickly, as do most people. What I am hoping to achieve is to make my game fun for a long period of time for users. By adding a slightly steeper learning curve and making it as accessible as possible I hope that my game only gets more fun the more you play rather then the other way around.

jmholland96

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I just want to make a REAL game experience with progression, not just a copy of the business models that have killed a lot of the potential for mobile games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech