[free game][4+] Snake 2.5D , prepare to be amazed it's another snake game!:)

Scianthrope

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Great job. I love the art style in it and the cool burrowing effect when you come back on the screen. Found the swipe method most to my liking of all the control options. Is it just me or was there no audio whatsoever? I really think a couple of minutes of looped music would work well. Something fairly minimal and a few different sound effects for the collectibles / edibles that would fit in with the music. Big fan of your minimalistic GUI approach.

nitacawo

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Great job. I love the art style in it and the cool burrowing effect when you come back on the screen. Found the swipe method most to my liking of all the control options. Is it just me or was there no audio whatsoever? I really think a couple of minutes of looped music would work well. Something fairly minimal and a few different sound effects for the collectibles / edibles that would fit in with the music. Big fan of your minimalistic GUI approach.

thank you for such a detailed comment I appreciate it. Yep, audio is missing at the moment I need to try and ask the guy to do it :)
I worked a lot to keep the GUI clean as much as possible, hate games which have unnecessary crap all over the screen, nice to know that it's appreciated.
I also noticed that some people don't really see there the buttons are at first, I guess I need to light them up on the first start :) Have you had any issues like that ?

Scianthrope

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I did actually. I played for a good 20 minutes the first time with the two button relative controls. On first startup, the buttons appear for a short while then disappear and stay gone through any deaths / further retries until the game is quit or the control scheme is changed. Then the new control scheme buttons last again for a couple of seconds. When the snake gets a good bit longer or the wall sections happen and the button pressing starts to get a bit frantic, it can be easy to miss a press on the buttons when they are invisible. It appears to be a bug because at the point of death, the buttons briefly appear before the score screen. Just tried with the 4-Directional buttons now. The buttons remain visible on the screen during all play apart from during the walled sections, but successfully reappear when all the black cubes are eaten. On death, the buttons disappear at the point where the invisible 2 button ones briefly reappear. I'm guessing for the invisibility of both 2 button controls after a couple of seconds, maybe a show/hide toggle is misfiring, or if the invisible effect is intended for the larger buttons in those two control schemes, it would be nice to at least have the option to leave buttons visible at all times.

nitacawo

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I did actually. I played for a good 20 minutes the first time with the two button relative controls. On first startup, the buttons appear for a short while...............
Heh, no no it's not a bug it's a FEATURE :))) I guess I overdid it as I wished to keep everything clean and I played so many times that I don't need visible buttons, so I hide them fast, 4 buttons are harder to master so I hide them slowly :)
Option to choose visibility is probably the best way to go. Thanks :)

Ragemode

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Sound effects would be nice. You could simplify the controls; when pressing left side of the screen, the head would always turn left, and same for the right side. Make the pause button visible.

nitacawo

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Sound effects would be nice. You could simplify the controls; when pressing left side of the screen, the head would always turn left, and same for the right side. Make the pause button visible.

Sounds: Yeah I am thinking about the sounds but I don't want to ask the sound guy while I have such a small audience :)
Controls: I think controls mode "snake relative" is what you are talking about?
Pause button: I think I just need to explain this stuff in the begging such as you can change controls, pause is in the center of the screen etc. :) But it does not take to long to figure out ?

Ragemode

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Sounds: Yeah I am thinking about the sounds but I don't want to ask the sound guy while I have such a small audience :)
Controls: I think controls mode "snake relative" is what you are talking about?
Pause button: I think I just need to explain this stuff in the begging such as you can change controls, pause is in the center of the screen etc. :) But it does not take to long to figure out ?

The pause button could be a small button in top-left or right corner. Menu animations are a little slow at the moment. Also, the control buttons disappear from the screen in the second level.

nitacawo

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Well, after feedback about buttons controls behaviour I released an update which adds an option to keep buttons always visible or hidden :) Would love to collect more feedback. Still working on size option... (sounds are probably going to be the last thing as I am far from being a sound guy myself if you are and want to help pm me)
visible option.png

Scianthrope

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I've had to do all my own audio for a game which I'll be posting in the forums soon. I could help out if you find yourself stuck. You might have had other offers since so let me know if you want to chat about it and we can PM.

nitacawo

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had to do all my own audio for a game which I'll be posting in the forums soon. I could help out if you find yourself stuck. You might have had other offers since so let me know if you want to chat about it and we can PM.

hey, thanks for your offer I will definitely keep you in mind :)

nitacawo

May 8, 2015
Visit site
released another update fixing some small issues and finally added settings button to the score screen. Planning to release few more updates soon...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12