04-07-2016 03:24 PM
55 123
tools
    Hey androidcentral community, I know there are lots of snake games but I loved the old concept so much and never found a proper clone, so I've made my own. Actually, spent quite a lot of time polishing it. Check it out and I would be glad to hear feedback from you. Ergh, scary debut time
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otherSnakeGame
    06-28-2015 04:13 PM
    Well... a classic will never die right?
    06-28-2015 10:30 PM
    Allan Michael Smith ,Right, classics won't , copycats will perish as usual
    Hmm, maybe one more gif can bring up more attention Anyway could not hurt!
    Mantas Eigirdas likes this.
    06-28-2015 10:47 PM
    Great style man!
    07-01-2015 06:18 AM
    Cool! Look simple but interesting!
    Good luck with your app bro
    07-01-2015 10:08 AM
    thanks a lot guys. I've spent a lot time working on it.
    But can you please make other backgrounds and more game time?
    Hey, I will try to add more colors soon, what do you mean by more game time ?Anyway I am currently working on ability to choose speed/size in settings and going to add extra food which will make your size random.
    07-03-2015 01:10 AM
    good game
    07-03-2015 06:12 AM
    I really like the style of your game.
    07-03-2015 02:11 PM
    Classy snake - almost like on old Nokia phones .
    07-03-2015 08:38 PM
    thank you for your support guys Just released an update which fixes stability issues etc. Still working on size and choice ...
    And a teleport animation show-off to grab some attention
    [free game][4+] Snake 2.5D , prepare to be amazed it's another snake game!:)-twitter-teleport.gif
    07-14-2015 07:36 AM
    thanks, if only I was also good at game promotion
    07-16-2015 06:58 AM
    Hey guys, I've just released a new build , now it's possible to adjust snake's speed and I reworked movement system so now it also moves smoother. You are more then welcome to check it out
    08-09-2015 02:43 PM
    thanx nice game
    08-10-2015 03:40 AM
    hey thanks guys, any chance that anyone can point out the things which they did not like and how to improve them ?
    Did you find interface intuitive enough ?
    08-10-2015 06:28 AM
    I think default speed can be a bit faster
    08-13-2015 06:41 AM
    I think default speed can be a bit faster
    I thought the same but then I checked other snake games they are really slooow. So I've made it slow by default by it's easy to adjust the speed

You dont have problems of copyright??
    Not really and if to judge by the top games in google play, nokia is just not into it. Also you can't patent a gameplay , "snake" is too general word to get a trademark, but I bet if they wanted to they would remove it faster then I typed this answer to you. Nintendo for example is well known for such behaviour
    08-13-2015 10:16 AM
    Ok, I´m also a game developer and I was curious about that
    Well , I think it might happen, but for me this game is just an experiment and I am late at least 3-4 years to get to the top for word "snake" without a good budget
    08-13-2015 10:24 AM
    Looks really cool! Good luck with it!
    08-14-2015 06:51 AM
    Looks really cool! Good luck with it!
    thanks, I will need some luck that's for sure
    08-14-2015 09:49 AM
    Nice, I'm curious what other designs your were considering for controlling the snake?
    Well, currently I have 4 types of controls: 4-buttons, 2-buttons snake relative, 2 buttons and swipes. My game is quite standard in that area. I left 4 buttons by default as I like them the most and they were the only controls choice in the first versions of the game. Unfortunately on touch screen it's not so comfortable as real buttons but if you play 10-20 minutes I don't see a big issue controlling the snake.
    08-18-2015 03:16 AM
    Great job. I love the art style in it and the cool burrowing effect when you come back on the screen. Found the swipe method most to my liking of all the control options. Is it just me or was there no audio whatsoever? I really think a couple of minutes of looped music would work well. Something fairly minimal and a few different sound effects for the collectibles / edibles that would fit in with the music. Big fan of your minimalistic GUI approach.
    08-19-2015 06:56 PM
    Great job. I love the art style in it and the cool burrowing effect when you come back on the screen. Found the swipe method most to my liking of all the control options. Is it just me or was there no audio whatsoever? I really think a couple of minutes of looped music would work well. Something fairly minimal and a few different sound effects for the collectibles / edibles that would fit in with the music. Big fan of your minimalistic GUI approach.
    thank you for such a detailed comment I appreciate it. Yep, audio is missing at the moment I need to try and ask the guy to do it
    I worked a lot to keep the GUI clean as much as possible, hate games which have unnecessary crap all over the screen, nice to know that it's appreciated.
    I also noticed that some people don't really see there the buttons are at first, I guess I need to light them up on the first start Have you had any issues like that ?
    08-20-2015 02:46 AM
    I did actually. I played for a good 20 minutes the first time with the two button relative controls. On first startup, the buttons appear for a short while then disappear and stay gone through any deaths / further retries until the game is quit or the control scheme is changed. Then the new control scheme buttons last again for a couple of seconds. When the snake gets a good bit longer or the wall sections happen and the button pressing starts to get a bit frantic, it can be easy to miss a press on the buttons when they are invisible. It appears to be a bug because at the point of death, the buttons briefly appear before the score screen. Just tried with the 4-Directional buttons now. The buttons remain visible on the screen during all play apart from during the walled sections, but successfully reappear when all the black cubes are eaten. On death, the buttons disappear at the point where the invisible 2 button ones briefly reappear. I'm guessing for the invisibility of both 2 button controls after a couple of seconds, maybe a show/hide toggle is misfiring, or if the invisible effect is intended for the larger buttons in those two control schemes, it would be nice to at least have the option to leave buttons visible at all times.
    nitacawo likes this.
    08-20-2015 12:32 PM
    I did actually. I played for a good 20 minutes the first time with the two button relative controls. On first startup, the buttons appear for a short while...............
    Heh, no no it's not a bug it's a FEATURE )) I guess I overdid it as I wished to keep everything clean and I played so many times that I don't need visible buttons, so I hide them fast, 4 buttons are harder to master so I hide them slowly
    Option to choose visibility is probably the best way to go. Thanks
    08-21-2015 02:29 AM
    Looks good and plays well!
    thanks, If you had any issues or have any suggestions I would love to hear them as currently I don't have to much of the feedback and I would love to analyze what is wrong etc.
    08-21-2015 02:37 AM
55 123