EA removed it and then re-listed it at a price of $9.99. What a crock!
    01-22-2011 11:21 AM
    Really! I'm glad that I'd got it when it was half of that. I bought the earlier version for that price on my other phone.
    01-22-2011 11:28 AM
    I paid $.99 cents - glad I bought it on their special promotion
    01-22-2011 11:34 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this mean if you previously purchased the game but do not have it installed on your device, you will have to repurchase it?
    01-22-2011 03:17 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this mean if you previously purchased the game but do not have it installed on your device, you will have to repurchase it?
    I paid 99 cents for it, I am not willing to test the waters, but, as far as I know, if you purchased a game, then uninstalled it, you can just simply load it back onto your phone since after you purchased it, the game just shows up as "purchased" in the Android Market so that you can re download it again without having to pay for it all over again.
    01-28-2011 02:05 AM
    Nope... You're going to have to buy the game at full price if you download it again. After I had to reset my phone back to stock, it wasn't listed as "purchased" for me. I paid $0.99 for it and now I have to pay $9.99 to get it back.
    02-03-2011 05:37 PM
    yeah i just noticed that too......but on the web-based market store theres both the $4.99.....and $9.99 listed.....weired
    02-03-2011 05:45 PM
    They did the same thing with Tetris.
    02-03-2011 07:48 PM
    I got in at the $.99 price with Tetris and NFS. But man, $9.99...ouch.
    02-04-2011 05:00 PM
    That's crap, so if I reset my phone I'm going to have to repurchase this game if I want to play it?

I paid $.99 cents for a license to play it, I'm keeping it. lol There's got to be a way to back up this game....
    02-05-2011 08:50 PM
    Nope... You're going to have to buy the game at full price if you download it again. After I had to reset my phone back to stock, it wasn't listed as "purchased" for me.
    I'm not sure that is right...
    In-app Purchase Policy - Android Market Help
    It states - "Purchase history is tied to your Google Account. If you get a new phone, you can automatically re-download purchased applications without needing to pay again."

As long as you activate the phone to the same google account, you shouldn't have to repurchase your apps.
    02-09-2011 04:52 PM
    But if they pull the app, then re-list it, it may have a new app ID and not be recognized as being the same, previously purchased, app.
    02-10-2011 07:23 AM
    @draken, That is true... (and that would be super sneaky of them to have done that...)
    02-10-2011 07:43 AM
    I wish AC would post a message to address the matter. Two weeks ago I was forced to reset my droid Incredible, and the two purchases that I couldn't restore were NFS Shift and Tetris (both EA Mobile games). It appears that they indeed removed the games after their holiday sale (99 cents a game), and reposted the games at 9.99 and 7.99. These new listings have new IDs and i imagine everyone who purchased the games in 2010 won't be able to redownload their game in android market w/o repurchasing it. And if there are updates to the game, those who purchased it in 2010 won't get an update notice since its a new item in the market. etc etc.

This is like buying a PC game, installing it, and having the disks taken from you. that's just theft. this needs to be resolved. Verizon has no report of purchases through the android market since its a third party. This needs to be resolved between EA Mobile, and Google to relink the old IDs to the new game IDs.

can anyone who purchased these games during the holiday sale last year (who still have the game installed) search the android market for EA Mobile. Please verify whether those games show up as "installed" or "purchased", or if they actually show up as 9.99 and 7.99 as i suspect

I sent AC a message concerning this but they haven't responded or posted an article concerning this - if anyone else could, thatd be great, this needs to be addressed!
    02-10-2011 04:30 PM
    I purchased NFS Shift during the $.99 special. I searched as AndroidJunkie requested; for me it's showing up as "installed".
    03-13-2011 12:37 AM
    I also bought Need for Speed Shift when it was on sale. When I look in the market now, it says Buy for $4.99. Currently installed version is 1.0.57. Version in market is 1.0.61 and I can't update. Poor form on the part of EA.
    03-14-2011 06:59 AM
    I purchased NFS back in Dec for 99 cents, I replaced my DX as it was lost, and I just recently got a new Droid. The Market is showing as purchased, but I am unable to redownload the game again.
    I was able to redownload all other apps, both paid and free, this is the only app I cannot reinstall. When I try to reinstall it, and clicked the link (both the market via a PC and my Droid), I get a "This application is not available on your carrier" error, and my new Droid is showing but is is grayed out (in the Market via a browser on a PC, on the Market on the device, it simply wants me to repurchase at full price). Funny how if I chose the full price link, it is available for my carrier, wow, what a coincidence.
    I found a forum on Google's site about this, and it is currently two pages long, so this is a issue people are aware of. I sent a support ticket to EA, and from what I am hearing, I don't expect any response.
    It was only a dollar I am pissed I can't play a game I purchased, but it is a very small price to pay to know I should stay away from EA from now on.
    03-20-2011 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD