Golf GPS App

theswami

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I use the GolfLogix GPS-8 and considering buying the software for the Storm (used it during the trial).

Just called the guys at golfgps.com. They say development for Android is in the works but no ETA. They are currently working on TP2 software. Anyway, I love the device and software so if any of you with Android are interested in the software, I suggest giving them a call so we can nudge up Android implementation. I do not have a Hero just yet but I am thinking it is on the horizon for me if it can get ActiveSync with Exchange correct. I would hate to be without GPS for golf if I do make the switch.

ScootD

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I think this one costs $8 but it looks pretty nice.

www_senygma_com/GolfCard/Home_html (sorry for the broken link but it's my first post)

I'm still on BB but am seriously thinking of switching once I can get out of my current phone (about a month). On blackberry I use www_bbgpsgolf_com, which is completely free but it's only for crackberries.

PaulG#AC

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
SkyDroid Golf : GPS for Android Phones

I'm actually the developer of SkyDroid. So I wanted to spread the word. We're only charging 99 cents right now for SkyDroid.
droid2_base2.jpg

We are still building our course list, but we have a tool online where users can map any course and then download it to the app. So we've given people the resources to get GPS for any golf course in the world for 99 cents. We're getting 10-15 new courses a day added to our system by users.

The app gives you distances to the Front, Center and Back of every green as well as distances to features that have been mapped like bunkers, water hazards and target points.

You can also get satellite view of any hole you are playing and get distance to ANY point on the satellite map even if it hasn't been mapped already.

Let me know if you have questions.

Paul G.
paul@skydroid.net

Last edited:
Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

frankhugh

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Golf GPS app

I recommend GPSCaddy. There's a free trial version and the paid version is a one-off cost of about $20. It's specially designed for Android phones and has great graphics of the hole you're playing. Excellent support too - they'll quickly map your local course if the map's not already available.

jpalm21

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
So Golf Logix is now available for the Droid but no other android phone. So I made the attempt and downloaded it and works perfect. I have the MyTouch 3G. so i'm sure it would work on other android phones as well.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have used a lot of other GPS Golf programs so I am going to list them and a little about each.

BBGPSGolf: The best overall golf gps app I used. It was all text based, free, and the one I used more often then any other while I was using BB's.

GolfLogix: Great graphics, good gps and info, killed my battery and never got through a round even when starting with a full charge on my BB storm 2. I have downloaded the version for android on my eris and have not tried it yet.

Intelligolf: Was my standard app for years on my BB until I started using BBGPSGolf. Great for keeping score and side games. Has GPS but not many course were mapped.

AccelGolf: Used a couple of times and liked it but did not like the rangefinder feature, cool score keeping method though. You tap letters for each shot, D for drive, P for pitch etc..... I am looking forward top trying their 2.0 version wehn it comes out.

GolfCard: Bought it and set it up to use and then the course was not mapped for GPS. Upgraded my eris to 2.1 and it no longer is in the market place....

HowFarAmI: From Justin, the same guy that made BBGPSGolf. Tells you how far you are from the center. Nice but basic. Granted it is free and I am looking forward to what his paid version will have. If it is something like a meld of his two programs then this could be the best.

NRange: Seemed no better than HowFarAmI and looked more cluttered on the screen.

I am looking for a go to program like I had with BBGPSGolf. I do not like range finders if I have to pick where I am on the hole. I like the features of BBGPSGolf and Golf Logix that mapped the entire hole and gave yardages for clearing sand traps etc.... I loved the side games scoring in Intelligolf, had some many games and tracked money etc. Accelgolf is pretty cool and ties stats and scores to webpage.

Overall, I am looking for a strong scoring and gps golf app that does not drain the battery. I like to keep the scores for everyone in our group and loved the desktop version of intelligolf that stored all the scores and calculated handicap etc. I also like the ability to track shots like in Accelgolf, BBGPSGolf and golflogix. I want it all in one solid app. If you know of one that is out there let me know.

Thanks and sorry for rambling on, hope I helped inform and maybe we can trade ideas and get Justin to build the best golf app ever for android......

Last edited:

usagolfer

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Golf instructional app

I am the developer of a just launched Android app for all smartphones. I think its the first one for android . Having a very succesful run on iPhone If you are interested, check out GOLF LIKE A TOUR PRO under lifestyle. It may be a perfect companion for your gps

cbanning

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
GolfLogix on the ERIS

I have used a lot of other GPS Golf programs so I am going to list them and a little about each.

BBGPSGolf: The best overall golf gps app I used. It was all text based, free, and the one I used more often then any other while I was using BB's.

GolfLogix: Great graphics, good gps and info, killed my battery and never got through a round even when starting with a full charge on my BB storm 2. I have downloaded the version for android on my eris and have not tried it yet.

Intelligolf: Was my standard app for years on my BB until I started using BBGPSGolf. Great for keeping score and side games. Has GPS but not many course were mapped.

AccelGolf: Used a couple of times and liked it but did not like the rangefinder feature, cool score keeping method though. You tap letters for each shot, D for drive, P for pitch etc..... I am looking forward top trying their 2.0 version wehn it comes out.

GolfCard: Bought it and set it up to use and then the course was not mapped for GPS. Upgraded my eris to 2.1 and it no longer is in the market place....

HowFarAmI: From Justin, the same guy that made BBGPSGolf. Tells you how far you are from the center. Nice but basic. Granted it is free and I am looking forward to what his paid version will have. If it is something like a meld of his two programs then this could be the best.

NRange: Seemed no better than HowFarAmI and looked more cluttered on the screen.

I am looking for a go to program like I had with BBGPSGolf. I do not like range finders if I have to pick where I am on the hole. I like the features of BBGPSGolf and Golf Logix that mapped the entire hole and gave yardages for clearing sand traps etc.... I loved the side games scoring in Intelligolf, had some many games and tracked money etc. Accelgolf is pretty cool and ties stats and scores to webpage.

Overall, I am looking for a strong scoring and gps golf app that does not drain the battery. I like to keep the scores for everyone in our group and loved the desktop version of intelligolf that stored all the scores and calculated handicap etc. I also like the ability to track shots like in Accelgolf, BBGPSGolf and golflogix. I want it all in one solid app. If you know of one that is out there let me know.

Thanks and sorry for rambling on, hope I helped inform and maybe we can trade ideas and get Justin to build the best golf app ever for android......

Could you post the results for the ERIS when you try it out.

mrdonbonjovi

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The SkyDroid app is pretty nice. I like that I can add a course and customize water hazards and points to try to hit too. Very simple and you can map a course in less that 5 minutes.

ashworth#AC

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site

Thanks... I will do my best! :)

schnergun

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually the developer of SkyDroid. So I wanted to spread the word. We're only charging 99 cents right now for SkyDroid.
droid2_base2.jpg

We are still building our course list, but we have a tool online where users can map any course and then download it to the app. So we've given people the resources to get GPS for any golf course in the world for 99 cents. We're getting 10-15 new courses a day added to our system by users.

The app gives you distances to the Front, Center and Back of every green as well as distances to features that have been mapped like bunkers, water hazards and target points.

You can also get satellite view of any hole you are playing and get distance to ANY point on the satellite map even if it hasn't been mapped already.

Let me know if you have questions.

Paul G.
paul@skydroid.net

I download your app! Ill let you know what I think. I had to map my course and will be going sunday!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Could you post the results for the ERIS when you try it out.

I am playing today and planning on using it for the 1st time. They just upgraded the software and so we will see how it works. I also have AccelGolf and HowFarAmI installed and am playing 3-4 times this weekend an will try each one out. Will give an update on Monday.

Lovin_The_Droid

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Score+GPS

I would like an app that does GPS and keep score... And I LOVE the ability to edit courses myself like in SkyDroid. When will we be able to keep score in that, Paul?
I'm buying an app soon and would like it to log my progress. It would be great to be able to go back and see where I hit for each shot both on the phone and on the computer... Maybe I need to develop my own if I want all that instead of pestering you ;)

Anyone try any of these? Please let us know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just in case anybody happens to come across this and wonders, if you use the GolfLogix app and are coming from a different device, in may case Blackberry, you can transfer you account but make sure you use Droid as new device and not the Eris. From what I can tell so far it worked like a charm.

On another note, Golf Logix app will kick the crap out of your battery big time.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am trying golf logix on my incredible. Hope it goes well using the droid option

I know the program will find courses, make sure battery is at full charge or you won't make it through the round. I won't be playing until tomorrow and I highly doubt it will survive 18 holes with the standard battery for the Incredible. My blackberry had the Seido 2600mAh and a round would go through 50% in a round, perhaps not keeping track of stats might save a bit but probably not much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21