Please try my first android game! Video enclosed

kam187

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: Just wanted to let you know the full version of Walkabout is now FREE on GetJar for a limited time. Go grab it now! No registration or personal info needs to be entered, just point your phone/tablet here:

http://getjar.com/Walkabout

Hey guys.

I just made my first android game. Its called walkabout - the idea is to collect all the stars on each level, but as you walk the path beneath you disappears. You need to think about your route or you'll be stranded!

Feedback and comments on the market greatly appreciated!!

The market link for the free version with less levels is:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.base2.walkaboutdemo

Or you can search 'walkabout' in the market.

Full version is here:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.base2.walkaboutb

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpeHTRFM1_8

Screenshots:

ntsyQ.jpg

MN5Sn.jpg

qUvtB.jpg

TqMpk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lovy and skinnhc

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Annnnddd now I'm addicted lol. Definitely buying this.

One idea though...when I play Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja, and a text comes in, it pauses the game underneath, so I can answer and go right back to playing right away. This game restarts everytime I get a text, which gets annoying. Not a big deal, but something I would love to see in future versions.

kam187

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Great :) thanks!

Thanks for the input... I need to write some save state code to handle proper suspend/resume. I'll try and get that in in the next few days :)

I've more ideas for level packs if it takes off... I won't ruin it for you, but if you buy it u'll see every area (approx 16 levels) it adds a new concept to keep it interesting. You got to see the last 8 levels of so, took me a while to make them but lets just say they're HARRRRRD!

kam187

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Suspend/Resume code is done. Some other optimisations with the graphics handling.

Should have an update tommorow. Need sleep!

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I will say i love your game....nice to see new developers....and its pretty fun, im on a droid x though and ill say its stable, just a lil touch up probably because of blur...you know but otherwise i really like it and take it as a comp because usually i don't use a credit card, i just use websites :) but im a kid so...lol

P.S...i know you probably won't but if you ever decide on a new title for android.... an idea possibly change it up but...

NAZI ZOMBIES: RETURN OF.....lol and then go backwards......i always would wish they would port the ios to android but sadly not :(

kam187

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks MOTOX2.

Its strange but given the same input android has very low response compared to the App store. I'll still make games for both platforms tho as I only have an android phone myself and I prefer it over iOS.
This is my first game, so its a bit of a test to see if its worth the time and effort of making good games, or not.

Spread the word about the game if you can - Twitter, facebook whatever! I really want to make a part 2 and have 3 or 4 great twists in mind, but obviously only if this one does well.

kam187

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.3 just released:

- Droid 1, 2 and X issues fixed
- Nexus S issues fixed
- Considerable in game optimisations
- Misc bug fixes
- Smaller file size

kam187

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks alot! Any help getting the word out is really appreciated!!

Updated to 1.5.4 - sped up menu transitions, and decreased end level 'speech bubble' time.

kam187

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to 2.0.1, and unlocked a bunch more levels in the Lite version :)
More levels for Paid version on their way!

V2.0.1 is up on the market. Please try that one and make sure its running ok.

Changes:
- 17 levels in the Lite version
- Graphics re-rendered for brighter colours on LCD screens
- Misc bug fixes
- Wakelock reinstated to fix suspend issues with some slow devices

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay