Words with Friends updated 3/2/11

kdb9904

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
After the update, does anyone else have 2 games thats says "Searching for Opponent..."?

I do, and nothing I can do will make them get off my list.

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
After the update, does anyone else have 2 games thats says "Searching for Opponent..."?

I do, and nothing I can do will make them get off my list.

Yep! Same here. Seems like they broke it rather than fixing it. For me WordFeud it is. Much better than WWF. WWF maybe the eye candy for some but the $hit does not work. Thumbs down for Zynga.

Axic10

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have the old version that I can load? This update is horrible, I have to log in every time and it says I've lost every game I was playing. I usually have to uninstall at least 2 times a day to get things working correctly then it does it all over again. Am I the only one having this issue?

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have to log in every time and it says I've lost every game I was playing. I usually have to uninstall at least 2 times a day to get things working correctly then it does it all over again. Am I the only one having this issue?
I'm seeing that same thing on my Captivate with the new version. Now I've had "Updating ... This may take a few minutes" for an hour. The new version is practically unusable.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problems. When I uninstalled the old version and installed the new one, 15 out of my 20 games messed up and I automatically lost those.

Now, every game one or 2 games get messed up.

In one game, some letters just disappear off the screen and the turn order gets messed up.

WTF??

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Update:

I actually did this last night before checking back in the forums. I went into the app under settings, then cleared the cache and data. Then I restarted my phone. Then I uninstalled the app and restarted the phone. Then I used the Cache Mate for Root Users app, cleared all the phone cache and restarted the phone. Re-installed the app and all of the games were there. Even the ones that were said to previously mess up. Some of those came back to normal.

Reactions: Biggnaa20

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
my phone is rooted but not running any roms, has anyone had a broken banner come up and all it is, is a long purple link??

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the latest update (3/7/11)? After their last "fix," I'm scared to install it.

Yes, I've installed it.

It hasn't fixed anything that I can tell.

I now have 3 "searching for opponent" games that I can't uninstall and the app still force closes every other time I try to open it.

nnb

What phone are you guys playing on? I have the Samsung Epic running EB13 (rooted), but I know that Words with Friends seems to work fine on my friend's HTC Evo Shift.

Last edited:

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've installed it.

It hasn't fixed anything that I can tell.

I now have 3 "searching for opponent" games that I can't uninstall and the app still force closes every other time I try to open it.

nnb

What phone are you guys playing on? I have the Samsung Epic running EB13 (rooted), but I know that Words with Friends seems to work fine on my friend's HTC Evo Shift.
Yea, that's why I'm hesitant to update to the 3/7 version. The one I have finally seems to be working fine, except for the fact that I can't delete 2 games -- one where I resigned and one where I didn't accept a game.

I have a droid x, rooted.

What are the changes in the 3/7 version?

kdb9904

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Is Words killing your battery life? It is sucking my battery as fast as it can drink it. I've changed the notifications to manual where I was hoping it would fix it, but it still checks on its own. I'm addicted to this game but it is causing so many problems on my phone I'm going to have to uninstall it if they don't get it fixed soon.

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Is Words killing your battery life? It is sucking my battery as fast as it can drink it. I've changed the notifications to manual where I was hoping it would fix it, but it still checks on its own. I'm addicted to this game but it is causing so many problems on my phone I'm going to have to uninstall it if they don't get it fixed soon.

Battery drain is a hit or miss. If you are a victim of the battery issue with this game, uninstall and get WordFeud. Similar game but works much better.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yea, that's why I'm hesitant to update to the 3/7 version. The one I have finally seems to be working fine, except for the fact that I can't delete 2 games -- one where I resigned and one where I didn't accept a game.

I have a droid x, rooted.

What are the changes in the 3/7 version?

I'm not sure what the changes are really. I installed the update since it crashed so often that I figured anything would be an improvement. And well, it hasn't really gotten worse. I would really caution you against trying out the update if you are able to play now.

Words decimates my battery. I think it logs online and forgets to get off. The phone gets really hot as well, presumably from constant data use.

I tend to force close it if it seems like it is hung up trying to download constantly.

nnb

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I definitely see a faster drain in my batter life and I turned all the notifications off. And yea, it is super addicting!
I'm not sure what the changes are really. I installed the update since it crashed so often that I figured anything would be an improvement. And well, it hasn't really gotten worse. I would really caution you against trying out the update if you are able to play now.

Words decimates my battery. I think it logs online and forgets to get off. The phone gets really hot as well, presumably from constant data use.

I tend to force close it if it seems like it is hung up trying to download constantly.

nnb

Yea, I guess I'll hold off on updating for now.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
I play Wordfeud and love it, but a fellow iOS'er I know plays WWF, so I figured what the hell and installed it. Played about 4 turns and it force closes every time now. I try to LOG IN and it force closes, so toss that idea...:(