Words With Friends Issue

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problems. When I uninstalled the old version and installed the new one, 15 out of my 20 games messed up and I automatically lost those.

Now, every game one or 2 games get messed up.

In one game, some letters just disappear off the screen and the turn order gets messed up.

WTF??

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you uninstalled it? Or did you just update it? You can always uninstall an update if you notice it has done strange things to the app.

If you did uninstall then reinstalled the app in it’s updated version, one thing you can do is clear the cache, uninstall it again, turn your phone off and do a battery pull, then turn it back on and install the app. That might help.

You should also email the developer and inform them of this bug. They might have something else to suggest.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you uninstalled it? Or did you just update it? You can always uninstall an update if you notice it has done strange things to the app.

If you did uninstall then reinstalled the app in it?s updated version, one thing you can do is clear the cache, uninstall it again, turn your phone off and do a battery pull, then turn it back on and install the app. That might help.

You should also email the developer and inform them of this bug. They might have something else to suggest.

Yea, I uninstalled first, restarted the phone, and then updated it. I didn't clear the cache though, probably should have done that.

I did e-mail the developer, but I've been reading online and it seems that everyone is having problems with the update of this app. :(

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Go into the phone settings then go to applications. Find words with friends and force stop it. Clear cache then clear data. Log back in to the app and u should be fine.

Plan on doing this again and again as needed until a fix is found.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Go into the phone settings then go to applications. Find words with friends and force stop it. Clear cache then clear data. Log back in to the app and u should be fine.

Plan on doing this again and again as needed until a fix is found.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I actually did this last night before checking back in the forums. I went into the app under settings, then cleared the cache and data. Then I restarted my phone. Then I uninstalled the app and restarted the phone. Then I used the Cache Mate for Root Users app, cleared all the phone cache and restarted the phone. Re-installed the app and all of the games were there. Even the ones that were said to previously mess up. Some of those came back to normal.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that this is something that we can fix on our end. Most of the games are stored on servers, so I feel like an update is the only thing that is going to fix this.
Personally, I hate that I lost 3 games that I was in the middle of.
Lastly, the notification that it is your turn after you play gets me every time; I keep thinking that someone just played her turn right after I played mine.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that this is something that we can fix on our end. Most of the games are stored on servers, so I feel like an update is the only thing that is going to fix this.
Personally, I hate that I lost 3 games that I was in the middle of.
Lastly, the notification that it is your turn after you play gets me every time; I keep thinking that someone just played her turn right after I played mine.

I agree that they have a LONG way to go to fix their app, but after clearing the app data, app cache, and phone cache and reinstalling, everything seems to be working. I even got back some games that I "lost" by them saying the games messed up.

Hopefully Zynga gets their crap together soon, but I will be very hesitant to update to their new version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21