Ok, so somebody went and made a dog fighting app:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

(or search for DWBeta to find it)

I haven't found much else out there on it (sorry if this is repeating another discussion), so I thought I'd be the first to comment....

You basically raise a virtual pet dog that you fight against other players and dogs in the game. I stumbled upon it in the new release section on the Market, otherwise, I'm not sure how you would find it....it appears to still be in beta without marketing or description, but I downloaded it, and it ran fine and there are other players in the game.

It's similar to Gang Wars, but looks like they are taking it further with action (training) games, an interactive fighting game, and different character and dog types that you can pick. Very cool concept, and I could see this becoming a very popular game...

no doubt some people are going to go nuts over this, and to this I say, before you jump on the "I can't believe this is allowed, you people are sick" bandwagon, remember:

1) it's just a video game

2) your's and everyone else's favorite game in world, Angry Birds, involves launching revenge-seeking and downright militant birds into the homes of terrified and unsuspecting pigs...and as retribution for what? Oh, nothing much, just the pigs stealing (and presumably eating) the unborn young of the poor birds. (something, btw, you are likely familiar with IN REAL LIFE if you've ever eaten an Egg McMuffin). At least that's what I've heard....I haven't ever played the game. just too twisted for me

so go ahead and bash this new app, and go on lying to yourself about how you use sugar-coated, playful video games to express your natural and primal tendencies to destroy things and kill other living creatures...and, if you are an American or Westerner, ignore the fact that your culture has a quite arbitrary taboo against eating horses and dogs that doesn't exist in host of other cultures. I'll try to remain open-minded.

3) it's certainly no worse than grand theft auto or Call of Duty Modern Warfare, where you can kill (still virtual) people.

4) again, just a video game folks.

and

5) Android is built around openness and freedom of speech/expression. If you don't like it, don't download it. simple as that. I've marked this thread as Mature (in the subject, didn't see another option for it), and the game is listed as Mature in the Market.

Anyway, enough on the philosophy of it, and back to the game:

I searched elsewhere for the game, and was able to find one other reference to it, a brief mention on androidforums:

Anybody know anything about this?! - Android Forums

Lastly, my "Cred Code" is:

BYN475

Add me, and look for me under the dog name "dogBhero"
    03-31-2011 11:13 AM
    Is anybody else playing and figured out any strategies or how to unlocked the Run Training Game?!?!

The game is pretty sick. Here are some screenshots.

it appears be taking off, the shoutbox in the game went from a couple posts an hour to 3 or 4 every minute...it has a few rough edges, but there are some cool game concepts...

The Training Games are simple but cool hand speed/coordination...I had two of the top scores early, but I can't believe some of the high scores getting posted now....some of these dudes must have rediculous hand speed, unless they have some way of cheating...

For the fighting, everybody is going head to head w/ everyone else...still trying to figure out the strategy, as there is little info online....I'm sure it will start to become apparent, but still don't know how Cred and forming "alliances" works but it's kind of cool to see it happen from the very beginning. Game is changing constantly...

Thanks,

Banksy
    04-04-2011 07:18 PM
    Go ahead and sleep better at night thinking you can rationalize obscenely poor taste as acceptable.

This app is trash.

Loser.
    04-04-2011 08:17 PM
    Go ahead and sleep better at night thinking you can rationalize obscenely poor taste as acceptable.

This app is trash.

Loser.
    Don't be trollin' Game looks cool, I'll have to try it out.
    04-11-2011 07:50 PM

This app is trash.

Loser.
    Why even bother posting something about a game you hate?
    Fail troll fails...
    04-11-2011 08:06 PM
    Looks like it was removed from the market.
    04-11-2011 08:10 PM
    Looks like it was removed from the market.
    I would of replayed sooner but I had to pause Grand Theft Auto 4. Then I got side tracked and was playing a round of Call of Duty: Black ops.

It's still in the market, just search for "Dog Wars".
    04-23-2011 03:11 PM
    People just seriously need to relax. I agree with the OP on this one. It is just a Video game. Nothing more. Not to be taken seriously. People who are offended by this should also be offended by Angry birds, Donkey Kong, Call of Duty, Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil. For that matter, you dont see people who hate to waste food get in an uproar about Fruit Ninja do you?!?! Everyone is entitled to your opinoin. But please, make sure it is tastefull when you post it. I am not condoning animal violence, for that matter, what micheal vick did made me sick. Nor do i actually like this application. I will not download with it because i do not like what it is about. But, regardless, it is nothing but a harmless video game.
    04-23-2011 06:45 PM
    its just a game and passes the time, with that being said does anyone know how to increase your chances of winning? the training has the running locked, any idea how to unlock it? also i got the 60 shots of juice but have no idea how to apply it during the game. any help would be greatly appreciated as there is not much info on this game out there
    04-24-2011 07:14 PM
    The game is harmless I don't know why people are so outraged by it.

Juice pack is just like steroids it just last longer. The only strategy I know if make sure your stats are all built up before a fight and juice up or take some steroids. Drugs only last one fight.

Cred me emq847

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    dogboyr1 likes this.
    04-24-2011 07:28 PM
    The game is truly in poor taste and I'm pretty sure the OP is associated with the developer/company as I believe those same justifications were exactly given by the developer/company.

This thread is shameless self promotion and should be deleted.
    04-24-2011 07:45 PM
    The game is harmless I don't know why people are so outraged by it.

Juice pack is just like steroids it just last longer. The only strategy I know if make sure your stats are all built up before a fight and juice up or take some steroids. Drugs only last one fight.

Cred me emq847

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    thanks for the tip.... cred sent

cred me YMM457
    04-24-2011 08:31 PM
    The game is truly in poor taste and I'm pretty sure the OP is associated with the developer/company as I believe those same justifications were exactly given by the developer/company.

This thread is shameless self promotion and should be deleted.
    Again and again and again, its a game. Get over it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    dogboyr1 likes this.
    04-24-2011 09:07 PM
    The fact that Android Central seems to be on board with this censorship is way more offensive to me than this app.
    04-25-2011 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD