Something is up tonight…

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Ok, Halloween is approaching and that is all Niantic posted on their update site. Tonight a few things happened.

Just now, we had two Haunters, three Gastley’s, three Cubones and one Marowak show up. I see by the Nearby that another Haunter and another Gastley are nearby. We get nothing like that here. Maybe one a week, tops.

Second, I got an extra Candie for my Buddy, Lapras! By the counter under him, it says I have 4.8k of the 5k needed. The Total Km Walked is also incorrect now. I was at 99.2km when I had 4.2 Km and it now reads 103.6 Total. It should be 99.8 Km. At 5Km per Candie there is no way it could read 103.6 Km and be correct. I see yet another Cubone and another Marowak have appeared on the nearby! I caught the others so these are new spawns. Now a Hypno and another Gastly are on the nearby… I am not complaining mind ya, just curious if maybe they are trying out the holiday code in a few spots and we are one of them. Now a Gloom and a Gengar are on the nearby.. Extremely unusual for our Pidgie and Rat neighborhood. I think this is the fourth Meowth that just appeared also......

Has anyone else noticed any unusual spawns tonight? I'm off to hit the spawn points.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Same thing here in the UK with spooky spawning Pokemon & your buddy Pokemon will find 4 times the amount of candy during this Halloween event.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah niantic posted about it a couple of days ago, "spooky" Pokémon are more common and you get double candy on everything except your buddy which yields quadruple candy. Also the login screen is cooler.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Great! I just checked and I did receive 4 extra candies. I have some walking to do!!!

Also getting 6 candies for a catch and 2 for a Transfer.

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the link. I received the push from Niantic when I got home today. Everyone else at the park clued me in though.

I must say that they have overdone it a bit on the Gastley's and Haunters. I went to my Magikarp and Dratini spot and caught more Gastley's than Karp!!! While I really did appreciate the extra Dratini candies (one Dragonite in a day!), the Haunters... Most folks did complain a bit about how many were around. Too small to keep and big enough to be a pain to catch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781