My roommates hacking my new device help! Please?

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I need to stop this crap. I just caught trying to steel my data by holding our two cells together. I recognized of coarse right away what he was attempting to do and snatched my phone away. All suggested ways to detect and prevent this hacking would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Best advice I can give is set a password for your SIM card, set a password for your phone and encrypt your MicroSD so it will only work in your phone in case he tries to copy things from there.

Not sure what "hacking" he was doing, could be through your NFC or maybe through Bluetooth but if you have what I suggested above that should help to some extent. Maybe even report him to the police? Hope this helps in some way. :)

A droid a day, keep the apple away.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A password is one of the better things you can do. Encrypting the SD card is another good idea, but if you don't have anything sensitive there, doing so isn't necessary.

Mod note: thread moved to General Help & How to for better traffic.

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Why is it so easy for him to get a hold of your phone?

It would be easier for someone to steal a bone from a starving doberman..... Than to get hands on my phone.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, mine has a 19 digit multilingual password but good luck getting to it without all your fingers getting broken.
Don't leave your device lying around. And get rid of this slime, who knows what else he might be stealing! Or where he might be rummaging while you're not around...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463