New Angry Birds Seasons NOT on Amazon App Store yet?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...this is bugging me too. As much as I hate the iPhone and the whole eco system that goes with it, I do like the fact that there is only one place to get apps from. Now we have the Amazon App Store and the Android Market to check, and updates don't roll out simultaneously on both. I hope we will get the update soon!

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Technically, there are multiple app stores for iP*d devices as well. You just have to be "jailbroken" to use any but Apple's. The Amazon Appstore isn't all that different, except that most Android devices allow you to use other app stores without rooting.

But I do agree that it stinks to have to wait for the Seasons update. I heard it's some kind of misunderstanding between Rovio and Amazon, but regardless it should have been sorted out by now. Oh well, I'll be playing Portal 2 during most of my free time for a while anyway!

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Rovio has admitted it was their mistake, not Amazon's that led to the delay. It was the first time they had an app update with Amazon. Said in the future they would make sure Amazon had the update before the market. This is from their Twitter feed.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Rovio has admitted it was their mistake, not Amazon's that led to the delay. It was the first time they had an app update with Amazon. Said in the future they would make sure Amazon had the update before the market. This is from their Twitter feed.

I did ask them on Twitter never got a reply. Must have missed that tweet. Got it and its working fine for me.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I gave up waiting and got the ad supported version from the Android Market. All progress was preserved, and I was able to start working on the new levels. I was about half way through getting 3 stars on them when I saw the FB post from Amazon saying they finally had the updated version.

I decided to try to install the Amazon version over my existing one, hoping once again that my progress would be saved and the ads would just go away. Wrong. I don't know how it happened, but the one I got from Amazon reverted me back to St. Patrick's Day with no progress saved, even for older seasons. I'm back to square one! And both markets show I'm up to date. So I uninstalled it, but now the "Install" button on Amazon does absolutely nothing. Guess I have to install the ad version again and replay everything. I could kick myself for not taking a nandroid or doing a Titanium Backup first!

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Now it's even been updated since it became available. The only difference I've noted is the icon on my homescreen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech