Hi All,

I've just released my latest game on the Android Marketplace. This is the third I've written under the brand Kutamba since I started as a sole, independent developer just under a year ago now. I'd be really keen to hear any opinions/comments - both good and bad, if you have any?

My previous games were written in straight Java with OpenGL ES 1.0, and, if I'm frank, didn't do terribly well, although I had very little feedback as to why people didn't like them much. If I might say so myself, I've learned a lot since the beginning, and I think one of the issues was that things just weren't polished quite enough, style-wise. Hopefully, this is no longer the case with this latest game.

I've spent an awful lot of time addressing the look-and-feel, style and polish, and am relying on a heavy dose of native C++ code, OpenGL ES 2.0, and in-game particle effects too. It's essentially an up-to-date remake of the classic 80s arcade game Scramble (and yes, it's totally free; this is not just a 'lite' version of a paid-for game).

Here are some screenshots (below), along with the QR code for the Android Marketplace.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and thanks in advance for any insights or feedback you might have.

Andy (software developer, Kutamba).
    05-08-2011 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD