free game on amazon today. chalk ball. looks neat, but needs permission to 'open network sockets' and 'access list of accounts'. what exactly does it do with those permissions? uninstalled after i noticed those permissions while moving to sd card before trying out the app. i don't want an app accessing my social network accounts
    05-12-2011 01:54 PM
    free game on amazon today. chalk ball. looks neat, but needs permission to 'open network sockets' and 'access list of accounts'. what exactly does it do with those permissions? uninstalled after i noticed those permissions while moving to sd card before trying out the app. i don't want an app accessing my social network accounts
    The two permissions I show for Chalk Ball are... 'View Network State' - Which I would venture a guess and assume that it needs to know whether it can access OpenFeint. And 'Discover Known Accounts' - so it will know if you have an OpenFeint account.
    05-12-2011 05:03 PM
    they list different permissions in the amazon app store and these were under the 'show more' for the permissions. but i think openfeint use might be right. i don't use it so i guess it doesn't matter. thanks.
    05-12-2011 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD