The Sun: Origin

synapt3c

May 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm really interested in this game, reminds me a lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which is one of my favorite games.

I have a few questions before I buy:

• Can I use my PlayStation 4 controller to play this?
  • What are the in-app-purchases?

Thanks!

EGProject

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm really interested in this game, reminds me a lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which is one of my favorite games.

I have a few questions before I buy:

• Can I use my PlayStation 4 controller to play this?
  • What are the in-app-purchases?

Thanks!

Yes you can use it to play the game but you have to make additional setup for that:
https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...r-android-device-for-easier-gameplay-0160721/

In game purchases is the items you can purchase in game using real world currency.

Thanks for attention to the project.

EGProject

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Update 1.2.4

What's new:

- Added "Restore purchases" button in in-game store;
- Now control settings should save properly;
- Fixed issue with groups alignment after loading from main menu;
- Fixed issue with medicine craft;
- Changed some recipes;
- Fixed issue with incorrect item placing after getting them from boxes;
- Now NPC will not follow if trying to talk with player;
- Other changes and improvements.

Google Play Market: The Sun: Origin

EGProject

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Update 1.2.5

What's new:

- Added new locations: Atria, High Zone, Low Zone, Towers, Black Holes;
- Added new quests;
- More random encounters;
- Now it's possible to find the parts of power armor;
- More loot on locations;
- Changed fraction/NPC relation system;
- Other changes and fixes.

EGProject

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Update 1.2.7

What's new:

- Fixed issue with dialogues on some locations (impossibility to talk to some characters);
- Fixed issue with opening boxes;
- Fixed issue with global map signs;

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Ditto. It's on sale now and the developers seem to be taking care of bugs recently enough, so I bought it and eager to try it out. Hopefully the touch controls are not too convoluted, because I don't have a controller.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After playing for the past several days, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I haven't tried the update yet, but the English translations need some work to be more grammatically correct. A few times things made little sense, but there was enough context that I got the basic idea.

My only other complaint is the money aspect. It seems the only way to earn it is by selling items, but most items don't bring in much and basics like food and water are way too expensive. I'm about to have to start over completely because I'm in a situation where I am being hurt from thirst, but I can't afford water. These need some balancing out. Adjusting prices and availability (the scarcity of food and water alone makes it hard to get by, regardless of prices), adding ways to earn money, and having enemies drop guns that aren't broken that I can sell for more would add a lot to playability. I get that scarce resources is part of the theme, but I think it's too scarce to be enjoyable.

EGProject

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
After playing for the past several days, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I haven't tried the update yet, but the English translations need some work to be more grammatically correct. A few times things made little sense, but there was enough context that I got the basic idea.

My only other complaint is the money aspect. It seems the only way to earn it is by selling items, but most items don't bring in much and basics like food and water are way too expensive. I'm about to have to start over completely because I'm in a situation where I am being hurt from thirst, but I can't afford water. These need some balancing out. Adjusting prices and availability (the scarcity of food and water alone makes it hard to get by, regardless of prices), adding ways to earn money, and having enemies drop guns that aren't broken that I can sell for more would add a lot to playability. I get that scarce resources is part of the theme, but I think it's too scarce to be enjoyable.

Hi! Thanks for your review. In fact there are a lot of items hidden through locations (some of them are really good hidden), please try to search more (some crates and boxes are partially underground).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Thanks for your review. In fact there are a lot of items hidden through locations (some of them are really good hidden), please try to search more (some crates and boxes are partially underground).
I have, but those items are still few and far between. I was also disappointed when I unloaded all of my items into a box in the Empty Lands before going to the Bunker, only to find them gone when I was able to leave the Bunker and go back to the Empty Lands (was trying to avoid losing them when going to the Bunker the first time and being stripped of my stuff).

Operatorfrankie

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
I have, but those items are still few and far between. I was also disappointed when I unloaded all of my items into a box in the Empty Lands before going to the Bunker, only to find them gone when I was able to leave the Bunker and go back to the Empty Lands (was trying to avoid losing them when going to the Bunker the first time and being stripped of my stuff).

Mate they told us to give up all our findings so u start with basically nothing u gotta start somewhere small

Operatorfrankie

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
Dear devs this is very very wonderful work of art the game is very thrilling and gives me the jump scares but i do recommend a faction that u can choose and they'll help you back and characters that make you think and feel at the same time and unexpected cliches like broom did. i also have problems in the other missions where i was supposed to kill mutants but i couldn't finish it somehow because of the turret explosion. And i couldn't even go outside the gate to find dr. gromberg they tell me i need a good equipment before going

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mate they told us to give up all our findings so u start with basically nothing u gotta start somewhere small
From a storyline perspective, I get it. It's a time of scarce resources, so everyone has to share and give back when done with their tasks. It's just that it's near impossible to collect enough supplies after you set out again. I do find lots of supply boxes and lockers to search. If I'm lucky, I may find a bottle of water or piece of meat, but I have to use them while searching for more because I can't afford to buy any, so it keeps me at square one and unable to concentrate on the tasks.

I'd be happy if the guns the enemy factions drop wouldn't be broken every time (seriously, EVERY gun the enemy uses is broken by shooting the characters?). It would be realistic if they were working, plus they sell for a lot more money and then it would be fine to buy the needed supplies. If I could request one change, that would be it.

EGProject

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Update 1.2.9

What's new:

- Now quest items can't be put in the box;
- Fixed issue with some quests update;
- Fixed issue with items being placed more than once;

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to update my progress and opinion of the game, dare I say it's become easier as I advance? One of my biggest gripes is still the lack of resources in the beginning once you venture out on your own. I see it being enough to turn away players, but I'm just stubborn. Now that I've advanced tasks pay more, and more scavenging options are available that I can buy most anything I need. So that's a bit of a plus.

My other concern is that I seem to have stalled on my missions. There's a few I need to complete to advance, but I can't figure out how. Some of it is the English translations not being all that great, but also the task summaries are not always giving you enough info and not all active missions are shown. For example, I got a notice that I complete one (which happened to be needed to advance) that wasn't ever in my task list or mentioned by any of the characters. I don't know how much of this is by design, poor translations, or simply bugs. Right now I'm supposed to be finding evidence against Samurai, and I've found three things so far. It doesn't tell me how many I need to find, and I've gone over the entire wasteland in the area trying to find clues on what's next, but nothing has surfaced yet.

Operatorfrankie

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
Update 1.2.9

What's new:

- Now quest items can't be put in the box;
- Fixed issue with some quests update;
- Fixed issue with items being placed more than once;

I do have a problem or either a question in the mission where i have to find the wanderer how come I don't see him when i traveled at the low zone and didn't seem to see him is it a glitch or i have to do something in order to work?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you elaborate on the quest issues you fixed? I finished Atria to the point I'm ready for the next expansion, but I noticed it marked several main missions as abandoned when I hit the end. Are those going to be reinstated once the next area is available?

EGProject

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Can you elaborate on the quest issues you fixed? I finished Atria to the point I'm ready for the next expansion, but I noticed it marked several main missions as abandoned when I hit the end. Are those going to be reinstated once the next area is available?

Can you tell us which of the quests are not completed by you?