Hi everybody!

This is my first Android release. DroidShock is available on the Android Market. It is the free version of the Android port of my JamJam J2ME game.

DroidShock is a Tetris game with many extras and a focus on using bombs to clear your way out of bad situations. With a little training this is more like an action/arcade game and not so much a basic puzzle game.

I'd appreciate your feedback and comments on the game. If you're interested in working a bit closer with me as a tester on the commercial release of this and other games, please PM me.

04-16-2010 02:58 PM
    Looks interesting, I will give it a try.

EDIT: Its good, but needs some improvement. 1, the game restarts when you tilt the screen. 2, there needs to be more support for D-pads, and scroll balls(i.e., pressing it would change the direction of the shape.)
    04-17-2010 11:01 AM
    Thanks for the feedback.

Concerning the restart. This is an ongoing discussion right now. The code is a lot simpler when using restarts. But I guess from a usability point of view I have to come up with a nice solution without restarting.

DPAD and trackball: The DPAD should be reconfigurable by using the "REDEFINE KEYS" menu. But maybe I am missing something here? The trackball has no configuration options, yet. I definitely have to add this. Trackball sensitivity is an issue, too, I guess..

Hopefully I'll be able to push out a new version with these changes over the weekend. (Right now I'm a little bit stuck with optimizing for the low-end phones like G1 and Galaxy..)

Thanks again! :-)

04-17-2010 01:28 PM
    So... this is a remake of Tetris 2 for the SNES? (Which, admittedly, most people found to be crap and thus ignore its existence, but still...)
    04-17-2010 07:17 PM
    Will give this a try :o
    04-17-2010 07:24 PM
    Not sure about Tetris 2 on the SNES. DroidShock is really about the extras. I'll upload a few videos soon, to show how it is played..

What you do is focus on two or three liners first to get some basic extras. Slow downs and bombs. Then, when the game gets faster in higher levels you use the red detonators to quickly destroy incoming death rows..

Anyway, with DroidShock it doesn't matter too much if you mess up a few placed tiles. Simply detonate a tile near the mess and start from there..
    04-18-2010 12:33 PM