Where are the game developers for Android?

wingzero_0

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Been rocking Android since the debut of the Motorola Devour(horrible mistake on my part getting that phone). Now I realize that gaming is only a part of what using Android is about, but I love playing games on my devices. The problem is though, gaming on Android sucks! Apple is KILLING us in this area and its pissing me off! Where are the devs and when are they going to shower us with quality games?

SUPRCMBO.Chris

Jun 5, 2011
supercombo.co
I just posted word about our Android-only game Wiz Kid Jr. two posts below this one - give it a shot when you get the chance! We are a small team devoted to creating quality games for Android, and we would love to get more people actively playing and engaging with Android-only releases. If you check it out and enjoy it, help us evangelize! The Android Market is a terrible vehicle for promotion compared to Apple's App Store, so a lot of Android developers have to rely on the community to spread the word.

There is also data that suggests there is a huge gap in the number of people willing to pay for games on Android vs. iOS, but we have confidence that that can change if Android users are given the opportunity to play quality games that are priced reasonably.

I'd be interested to hear more developers or game players chime in on their experiences with the market and selling or playing games exclusively on Android.

Last edited:

Slachter

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
As the bigger money lies in iPhone, more developers are aiming for that platform. There are a ton of Android users and we tend to be of a different lot than the iPhone hipsters. So I am guessing we will be seeing more games targeted mainly for Android in the future. They just have to be different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie